Domain Empire

New Inbound GoDaddy Brokerage Process...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone received a very recent offer from the GoDaddy Brokerage Service? I received an offer overnight from them..

It appears that the format/process is new (newer/changed since the last one I received at the end of April). In April (and before that too). I used to received an offer from the broker, directly, WITH THE OFFER AMOUNT and I would be able to reply directly back to that broker with an "accept offer" or my counter-offer or I guess I could have even replied "not interested in selling", though I think that would be a rare reply.

Anyhow..... Now the process is much different than what it used to be:

The email I received last night says "My client is interested in your domain" and to click here to see the offer. So naturally I clicked "Check Out the Offer".

I went to a page that presented me two buttons next to each other, left to right. The left button says click here if you want to negotiate or accept the offer. Mind you, there STILL is no offer AMOUNT to be found anywhere on that page either. No offer amount presented on the email NOR on the first page after you click the "Check Out the Offer". The right button says something like "not interested in selling".

So at that point I am still in the dark about the offer (as well as the buyer but that is another story for another thread I suppose)...

I am bleary-eyed at 5AM and I am scanning the page for the offer AMOUNT, which was promised in the email when I clicked the button "Check Out the Offer", I inadvertently clicked the right side button and cancelled the offer! This new automated system immediately took my input and replied back with a message that said they would inform the buyer that I am not interested in selling that name.

There was no "are you sure you want to end the negotiation" or " are you sure, there will be no way to undo this cancellation" message. Just boom, you click there by mistake because you're reading this at 5am - just woke up and are hunting all over the place for the AMOUNT and gone... the offer is apparently dead.

I am sorry but just about every domain name is probable for sale. Look at voice.com. Every person has a price that some asset of theirs could be acquired for.

The entire process is convoluted if you ask me. The original way was better. BUT if they are attempting to automate this process then they failed to do so efficiently.

Suggestion:
They should send the seller and email with 1) offer price and 2) the domain name and then a button to click to bring them to their new automated system that they've developed.
That system would show
1) the domain
2) the amount
3) Accept button which goes off to a process that handles accepting the offer as a sale
4) Negotiate button which goes off to a process to handle counter-offers and finally
5) Not-For-Sale/Cancel button which makes sure you really wish to do that and then if you confirm it emails the buyer and the broker, cc's the seller that the offer was cancelled by the seller without negotiation nor acceptance..

I would bet anyone that the "Not-For-Sale/Cancel" button would not often be clicked at the start but it should be there for completeness.

Its not that difficult. Communication!!! Without an offer AMOUNT then how are we supposed to know if we even want to move forward? We may want to cancel immediately if the offer is very low - who knows. But at least SHOW THE OFFER! Why force us to hunt around and follow crumbs just to get the offer amount?

I hope someone involved with that process sees this message and takes the suggestion. It would be really nice if they would come here and ask domainers for input in how they build their new processes. Especially since some of us have been writing software since the late 1970s and could offer a treasure trove of suggestions! :)

So now apparently I lost a sale. I emailed them back and told them what happened but its been 3 hours and no reply.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've got that kind of mail before and it comes from their automated broker service where buyers pay $69.99 to get GD to contact the owner on their behalf to hear if the name is for sale - Often it's lowball offers and GD have sent them to me even if the name was for sale for a fixed price on afternic - For GD it's an easy way to make $70

•••
Today I received the same new format email but that shows offer when clicked "Check Out the Offer" link.

The offer is of $4,000 on a top CVCV .com domain which to me is worth a lot more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back