Domain Empire

New Guy Assistance Appreciated

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm going to be straight on this the question's been asked a thousand times.

I'm new to the domain game. I have 20 parked domains at goldkey.com and 1 at sedo.com

I haven't made a penny with goldkey so far. I don't even see my domain names come up in search engines like google or yahoo when I type them in (e.g. "mydomain.com") with quotation marks even and nothing shows up, like they're not indexed. As anyone else here trying to make this happen, I'm looking forward to getting a revenue on my domain investment, I have good names in my opinion that could produce results for me.

I'm not looking for a personal strategy from anyone, but I would appreciate a point into the right direction, some necessary first steps to take on my investment.

Any sincere help would be appreciated. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PR? because on some sites for promotion they list about 4 or 5 steps, like optimization, then search engine submission, is there more to it than that?

•••
domainbizzy said:
PR? because on some sites for promotion they list about 4 or 5 steps, like optimization, then search engine submission, is there more to it than that?
yes it's takes a lot of them, it's just a myth that you get lots of visitors/sales when you start using the internet, there's more work here than meets the eyes. forum membership is one of them, newsletters, ebooks, like i said a gazillion of them.

•••
about how long did it take you to get your venture up and running successfully and do you make a living out of this? I'm trying to do some of this stuff inbetween doubles at my job.

•••
my main domain which is my lastname was registered since 2000 and it was our bread and butter ever since i got out of corporate world i was before ceo/president/owner of weblord, inc. which is not defunct. others are treating this as sidelines yeah there are ups and downs but commitment is the key to any endeavour. :)

my main domain which is my lastname was registered since 2000 and it was our bread and butter ever since i got out of corporate world i was before ceo/president/owner of weblord, inc. which is now defunct. others are treating this as sidelines yeah there are ups and downs but commitment is the key to any endeavour. :)

•••
Time keeps coming up as a factor. Some people have a bunch of domain names, I spent a healthy amount of time just submitting them to the free search engine.
What are some good resources that you would recommend to get the ball rolling?

•••
some good resources i use to promote for free:
forums - searching on google for your site's category is best
(just leave your sig on forum you are a member of)
classified ads
http://www.adlandpro.com - classified ad site there are free out there just do a search
link directories - one i use and is very successful are:
http://www.linkalizer.com
http://www.link-vault.com

others are word of mouth - online and offline ads
guestbook - leave just one line of your url or usually the guestbook have space provided for the url type your url there as well.

there are lots as well, searching namepros for promotion will yield results as well. HTH

•••
Work in progress, will keep posted, thanks for your help Web.

•••
you're welcome, if there's an update and you posted here, just pm me if i don't reply. :)

•••
A good step for beginners:

DomainBIZZY.com

It will be growing, if you want to grow in it, start here.

regards - .db.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back