NameSilo

sales New gTLD Chartquake: $500,000 .Loans Sale Followed By $300,000 .CLUB Aftershock

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com and it is a jaw-dropper. As some of you know, bad news has been piling up for new gTLD fans in recent weeks but the sun finally came out Tuesday when Donuts announced they had made a $500,000 all cash sale of Home.loans - the biggest new gTLD sale ever reported. Less than 24 hours later came a major sales aftershock that we revealed tonight – a $300,000 sale of a .CLUB domain – the second highest new gTLD sale ever reported. Those two lead our latest weekly all extension Top 20 sales chart, followed by a 6-figure .com sale. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2018/20180207.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great news, thanks for posting

•••
could give @Bulloney some food for thought on his list of .today and .click domains
Ollie...since your post a few days ago, I've reg'd another 20 or so gTLD's, and a few .coms to compliment them. Just a few minutes ago reg'd; NewBeginning.today, FreeAdvice.today, and SeeBetter.today. My strategy in registering either .com domains or gTLD's is to reg names that are industry specific. For example the NewBeginning.today domain is reg'd more for the vocational, social and psychiatric worlds. The FreeAdvice.today domain is geared more toward the the Legal Profession, and finally, I have only a few domains that are perfect for either Opthamologists, Optometrists or Opticians and the industry they serve.
I tried to get hearbetter.today, but it was taken:xf.frown: Of late, I've been blanketing the healthcare field and it's specialties. Having been in the medical billing business for years, and having consulted for hospitals, I'm pretty sure I could make a darn good living just serving the healthcare domain market.

Bulloney

•••
So you're back for some more are you? I've been told by a number of pretty well respected professionals in your industry that my approach and style is pretty refreshing. I guarantee you that your closed mind hasn't a clue how I plan to make money in your f'd up industry. It's your attitude that builds even more confidence in my ability to succeed in this business. You really don't get it do you? I don't really want or need the kind of help or experience you claim to have because whatever it is, it's obviously not working:xf.frown:
Brad is one of the most respected veteran members of namepros, he had done well with many extensions outside of .com, he is very neutral, you should listen to him, you would only be learning. The advice some people have here, takes years to learn the hardway.

•••
I can tell that I had a lot of new gTLD sales, and many of them had been in the mid to high x,xxx range. I mostly never report my sales so those sales were not reported too. My last new gTLD sale happened yesterday. Not much, but mid $xxx.

There is definitely a market for good new gTLDs (no matter of renewal fee), altough .com is still the king.

•••
95% is a made up number, I know many sales never go reported due to direct landers, but I don't think this guy has enough knowledge to be making a statement to say basically all but 1 or 2 sales per week go reported. That is a big statement by a guy who probably doesn't even sell $50K worth of domains a year.

We saw at the namescon auction how bad gtld's are beatup, a few years ago .club's were fetching a premium today the auctioneer had to stretch the bidding to get something out of people.

I own a very diverse GTLD portfolio, and I have no issue being honest about it, inquiries are down, sales are down. It is attributed to the lack of marketing dollars in 2014/2015 we had many releases, lots of talk, lots of marketing, people were excited, curious, informed, fast forward 2017/2018 many of those dollars have gone into defensive holds given a strong indication of drops moving forward.

You just can't make up stats saying 95% of gtld sales go unreported, it is a baseless claim, and it provides no benefit, especially if the source in itself probably doesn't even cover their own renewals.

I have sold a couple dozen gTLD domains all in the mid $X,XXX to high $XX,XXX and none of them have ever been reported as most buyers would like to keep the numbers confidential.

The guys at Donuts would love for me to publish the sales as would I but I can't go against the wishes of the buyer.

I am sitting with many what I consider premium .loans so the sale of home.loans is fantastic news;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back