IT.COM

New Dropcatching Software for macOS and Windows. Limited beta.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivbran

Established Member
Impact
Hey there,

I was pretty frustrated that I couldn’t find macOS dropcatching sofware which i can use for not-dot-coms or to overtake hand-registering while I was out. I asked Robert from Worbee.com to help me build a simple backordering app for macOS. We didn’t sleep for a few nights and made a simple Dynadot API based app. It sends automated requests to register a chosen domain name. It keeps trying again and again after every single response from Dynadot API. It's working great if you even have dynamic IP (like me), you just need to whitelist your new IP in Dynadot.

In order to keep track of installations and to be able to send product updates (if any :xf.laugh:) we created a simple form to download our free software: https://mailchi.mp/621e94babf18/backorderingsoftware.

dropscr.gif

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hit me with a macOS d/l when you get a chance - much appreciated in advance.

•••
Would love to test the windows version

•••
Hi, I will been interest, win 10 version...thanks a lot!

•••
interested! Windows version!

•••
I've been looking for something like this for a long time, I suck at programming so I could never create one myself.
Can I please have access for Windows.
Thank you very much

•••
I'm interested in Windows version

Many thanks

•••
•••
•••
I'm interested too. I use Windows 10.

I tried to build one using python but... well, didn't worked hahahaaa.

•••
Is this beta still going on? I replied way back in October and have not heard anything.

•••
Hi all, thank you for showing an interest to try out our software. (y)

In order to keep track of installations and to be able to send product updates (if any :xf.laugh:) we created a simple form to download our free software: https://mailchi.mp/621e94babf18/backorderingsoftware.

Let us know if you need any help with installation or using the app.

@andyuk @BullDomains@DomainRecap @Umangpandey912 @Tortuguita @fastcool @stefan2k @florian84

P.S. If you need some custom modifications you can get in touch with the software creator at [email protected] @robibobinet

Last edited:
•••
Just sent beta version to all interested parties. If anyone else want to try it out, just reply bellow and I will send you a message.

•••
I'm interested in Windows.
Are you aware of any limitation on requests? I mean, is there any danger that Dynadot would consider my repeating requests as attack of some kind?
Any plans for other APIs? Namecheap? Porkbun?

•••
I'm interested in Windows.
Are you aware of any limitation on requests? I mean, is there any danger that Dynadot would consider my repeating requests as attack of some kind?
Any plans for other APIs? Namecheap? Porkbun?

Hey tupungato,

The only limit we are aware of is that you must wait for a response to your request before sending another. Failing to do this will result in a 10 minute ban. Our software is compliant with this requirement. More info here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/getting-the-most-out-of-api.html

I am sending you the link of the beta, let us know if you find any bugs and if you get any luck in drop-catching :)

Cheers,
ivbran

Last edited:
•••
Hi @tupungato

Мe and @ivbran were successful with some domains, but success rate will depend on how many people (and services) are trying to catch that same domain as well as your dynadot API rang (the more you spend on their platform, the faster they will server your App requests). For premium and competitive domains you should probably use dropcatch or namejet. We created this software for overtaking hand-registering and for non-.coms.

Sending register requests for multiple domains and using multiple bots is not possible as this is limited by API.

Last edited:
•••
I used it to potentially compete with hand reggers for some semi-attractive .info domains that I'd say are not worth Dropcatch/Namejet fees.

•••
Same please dm me. I would love to try this on MAC OSX. I have also windows as well so both would be nice. If you have the source available I could work on it during my free time to possibly see if i can add more functionality like multiple domains and or implement another api in so we alternate between attempts to reg.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @domainer09245

Thank you for the offer.
The codebase is not open sourced, so we cannot share it.

I'll let @ivbran send you the MacOS app.

•••
interested in windows 10

thanks!

•••
interested in windows 7 please

•••
I haven't used it for some time. Today I made sure my Dynadot API key is correct and my IP is correct in Dynadot account, but I'm receiving API error. App makes only one attempt to check the .info domain I submitted and then gives up with API error.

•••
I would love to try this on MAC OSX. Thanks

•••
Windows。
Thank you very much.

•••
iam interested too. I use Windows 7.

•••
i´m interested in macos version

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back