Dynadot

New domainer with already 4 domains to sell

NameSilo
Watch

Jay Ha

Exploring..Top Member
Impact
Hello peeps!
I was on twitter early in the day when I found a user badically tagging specific usernames and asking them if they want to buy his domains. Ex: ask 5 users that have a common word to buy a domain that contains that specific word.

Being unemployed with some interest in domains brought me to godaddy.com since I already had a couple personal domains bought from that site.

10 minutes later, I find myself becoming the owner of 4 domain names which are the following (all are COMs):
- Utdrd (as in United Road)
- 3drd (saw similar domain selling for +$10,000 so I thought it could have potential)
- Ehbed (something related to the furniture industry)
- Uxale (thought it could be brandable)

I just want to know if these domains have potential and what/how to target in order to sell them. Also, I don't really know which platform I can use so that buyers would find my domains. I am now on godaddy auctions but I plan to find some alternative medium to find buyers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
- Utdrd - no value, nobody would guess this acronym
- 3drd - less than $100 unless someone can find a meaning
- Ehbed - if bed related, "Eh" sounds like indifference, not sure if company would want
- Uxale - does not pronounce well.

Welcome to domaining. For now, stop registering names and spend 2 weeks reall reading this forum for discussions. DO NOT pay attention to the sales offers, they are not a good guidline of the value of domains.

•••
Ehbed & uxale have a lil potential as 5L pronounciable are consistently on the rise.

They may become liquid with a minimum floor price within 5-6 years.

The rest 2 r worthless.

You should stop buying any more names and start reading NP thoroughly

•••
Hello peeps!
I was on twitter early in the day when I found a user badically tagging specific usernames and asking them if they want to buy his domains. Ex: ask 5 users that have a common word to buy a domain that contains that specific word.

Being unemployed with some interest in domains brought me to godaddy.com since I already had a couple personal domains bought from that site.

10 minutes later, I find myself becoming the owner of 4 domain names which are the following (all are COMs):
- 3drd (saw similar domain selling for +$10,000 so I thought it could have potential)

I just want to know if these domains have potential and what/how to target in order to sell them. Also, I don't really know which platform I can use so that buyers would find my domains. I am now on godaddy auctions but I plan to find some alternative medium to find buyers.

Really bad domains. Not sure if GD offer it, but recover some of your money by requesting for a grace delete (If GD does offer grace delete). If you're unemployed, I'm assuming you'd prefer to not waste your funds. Don't register new names until you learn more about what makes a good domain name

•••
Thanks all for recommending not registering new domains. Seems that you care about the wellbeing of fellow domainers which is something admirable to be honest.

As for the domains that I had already bought, there have been mixed opinions on most while all agreed that utdrd is bad. However, I looked up some of the domain names with other TLDs and found a Chinese website using the org TLD for one. I'm thinking of doing an outbound sale for that one.

Meanwhile, I'm going to keep on visiting this website for more info.

•••
Dont forget a lot of company names are trademarked..be careful who you email

•••
The first question to ask yourself is, if these names are any good why were they unregistered in the first place, and what are the odds you will be able to resell them for a profit ?

•••
The first question to ask yourself is, if these names are any good why were they unregistered in the first place, and what are the odds you will be able to resell them for a profit ?

I asked myself that question while registering them. Since they are all recently expired I thought there WAS actual interest in them. That's why I think that my odds are high in regards to reselling them for a good profit.

•••
I asked myself that question while registering them. Since they are all recently expired I thought there WAS actual interest in them. That's why I think that my odds are high in regards to reselling them for a good profit.

If you can flip then great but waiting and holding 4 domains isnt good odds but best of luck

•••
I would for any prospective name make a list of what it might be applied to, and also look at what similar names are available to help answer how unique the name is. While NameBio is useful to look at past sales, with brandable type names not normally very helpful. Welcome to NPs, and best of luck in your domain investing!

•••
Hello peeps!

I would rename the thread as " New domainer with already 4 domains to drop ". That is the fact of domain investing. Domainning is so addicting that you can't stop yourself reg.ing domains when you first start out. People will tell you to stop reg.ing and read and learn, cause they want you to succeed but talent comes with mistakes. Do not be afraid to reg. names. Only make sure that you are not spending more than you are willing to lose. It might take hundreds of drops to achieve a better domain portfolio.

Another important fact, a lot of people becoming domainer in order to make million dollar sales but it is almost impossible to do that by hand. reg.ing domains todays. So know how to price your domains.

Quick question what is your highest price expectation for the names you shared?

•••
I would rename the thread as " New domainer with already 4 domains to drop ". That is the fact of domain investing. Domainning is so addicting that you can't stop yourself reg.ing domains when you first start out. People will tell you to stop reg.ing and read and learn, cause they want you to succeed but talent comes with mistakes. Do not be afraid to reg. names. Only make sure that you are not spending more than you are willing to lose. It might take hundreds of drops to achieve a better domain portfolio.

Another important fact, a lot of people becoming domainer in order to make million dollar sales but it is almost impossible to do that by hand. reg.ing domains todays. So know how to price your domains.

Quick question what is your highest price expectation for the names you shared?

I thought I can aim for a $$$$$ if I hold on 3drd (4 digits, an animation company might pop up asking for it or something) and maybe a several thousands for uxale and ehbed (5 digits, could be pronounced easily like they aren't hykxz or plmrq or cvrlw for example). I know utdrd doesn't have any value but I still registered it because it can imply to 'United Road' and I'm a Utd fan.. :)

I know I can't be a millionaire just by reg domains and reselling them. Especially when you have limited resources like myself. My plan is to reg some domains and try to secure deals by going after potential buyers.
3drd -> after animation companies, 3d road civil engineering firm '3D RD', or a doctor that has D as initial '3 DR D'. These are some of my targets.
uxale -> retail maybe or some company that has to do with UX.
ehbed -> I'd go for furniture (some quality logos can easily be inspired using the wording)

•••
i wouldnt waste my time just wait for them to expire & dont renew :xf.smile:

•••
Not one of them is worth anything.

If you have to get into that long of an explanation of what they mean or why they’re good it’s a sign that they’re stretches of the imagination.

Last edited:
•••
1) you are not a domainer ( for now )

2) your domains are as bad as they could be based on your knowledge
set them all to non-renew

2) list them at afternic buy now at $288 USD

3) do yourself a favor and don't register domains
before you have spend 10 hours reading here

topic:
"general domain discussion"
and
"completed domain sales"

•••
I agree with others that the most important thing is to not register more until you have more fully learned about what sells by using NameBio a lot and the ins and outs of marketplace options, etc.

Most importantly have a clear list of prospective users before acquiring a domain name. That said, almost all of us here have early on registered too many domains without that clear.

In case you have not considered this possibility for 3DRD it is (normally with hyphen but no I am not suggesting you hand register that too) the standard abbreviation for a cancer radiation treatment 3 dimensional radiobiologic dosimetry - e.g. in this NIH paper.

•••
Since they are all recently expired I thought there WAS actual interest in them.

Usually this is the opposite, if its expiring its because there is no interest in the names.

•••
•••
In case you have not considered this possibility for 3DRD it is (normally with hyphen but no I am not suggesting you hand register that too) the standard abbreviation for a cancer radiation treatment 3 dimensional radiobiologic dosimetry - e.g. in this NIH paper.
Sure this is a possibility. But from a domain perspective (especially commercial usage and not an informational site), is the domain really useful? Given that the treatment is relatively niche and not widely available, the domain is still not worth holding on to or keeping up hopes on!

•••
I agree @anantj , I was just trying to suggest one slight possibility in case a medical device company, private cancer clinic, or someone developing informational site might possibly consider it, but odds are low. If as reference site price would be low $$$ only probably.

I would not encourage holding past current registration if no inquiries. Overall I agree with @frank-germany advice above to offer at BIN about $288 and set not to renew.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi @Jay Ha ...

Welcome to NamePros..
( You won't regret it...)

I was (still) in your place...
We assume by seeing other sales...thats not a problem...

We will learn by doing mistakes...or should I say take decisions that are not so worthy for our future self!!

That is okay if you did it in starting and in less volume...

I see you came to NamePros for suggestions...and I think that step is good for your future self...

All you need now is to spend time here...and read a lot...

Note down the resources mentioned in these threads here...

And after a month try to come up with a domain name and use all the resources and knowledge you gathered for last one month to check (estimate) the potential of the domain name you are thinking of registering..

If you think it's worth to register...go on and do it..but only one name for now..and try to get opinion again here...

This makes you wise in deciding what to register...but still the selling part can not be guessed all times...and it takes time...and usually it's in buyers hand...

Good luck...

•••
Thanks guys for the encouragement and the list of resources that I'm going to go through. I've been roaming around the forum lately and been on some google research to explore the market in terms of popular keywords and how to make them brandable. I think brandable domains are going to be the majority of my portfolio.

•••
OK guys I know that it might be still too early to call myself a domainer and also it is still early for me to pick the right domains and find a way to sell them but I have just registered another domain (stanned COM) and the reason I'm telling you about this new domain although we all agree that I need to have full knowledge before registering is that I want to know if I'm going in the right direction.

•••
3DRD could also mean 3D Research & Development.

While it is meaningful and short, remember that having a digit in the mix reduces the chance of sale considerably.

Also a furniture company wouldn't probably name itself Eh Bed, but could happen. Maybe even won't be a furniture company. But again if the odds of selling a good 5L in any given year is 1% to 3%, the odds of selling this is 5-10 times less.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back