IT.COM

New Domain Name Appraisal from Mike Mann's AccurateAppraisals.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Yusupbabay

presiden.comTop Member
Impact
3D2420AD-B2C4-4A0E-B387-F42C303A6A0C.png

This is one of the first domain name appraisals from Mike Mann’s AccurateAppraisals.com. Appraisals cost $88 for each domain name and the final price is the average price from 3 appraisers.

What is your opinion?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
'Fair market value of...' :) Oh my.

•••
don't fall for any apparisals sites

no matter who signs them.. they are still not worth the water to flush them

I feel sorry for all the newbies who fall for appraisals

and even more sorry for people who take advantage of them.

Last edited:
•••
I think the accurate appraisal of this domain is actually $246,553 but they got pretty close to nailing it. But seriously... I don't think there's such a thing as an accurate domain appraisal and Mike Mann himself says that: "this is why we use an average of professionals, there is no correct answer, but that is the best we can do". So why use the word 'accurate' in the business name? It might have merit when an end user sees it, but it just seems misleading to claim the appraisal is accurate. I do understand that this is a street with expensive shops, but who's the possible end user who would pay this sort of price? I guess anything can happen in domaining but personally I'd love to get the details of this end user. I have a bridge to sell him. Free troll included.

Last edited:
•••
With these comparable sales, I fail to see how that value was derived.....except.....it's almost exactly 33X the godaddy appraisal value.

$7469 x 33.01 = $246,552 :)

americanstreet.com 193 USD 2018-01-13 GoDaddy
sixstreet.com 2,200 USD 2017-12-01 Sedo
blockstreet.com 2,764 USD 2017-11-28 DropCatch
sevenstreet.com 14,950 USD 2017-05-09 Uniregistry
colorstreet.com 16,000 USD 2017-04-11 Sedo
mountstreet.com 12,000 USD 2016-01-22 Uniregistry
jermynstreet.com$6,000
parkstreet.com$10,000
lombardstreet.com$2,500

•••
Ask them if they'll pay the domain name owner 50% of the appraised amount for the domain name, given they claim it is an "accurate" one....Or ask them to make their best offer, and compare it to the appraised value.

•••
I would be TRULY impressed if Mr. Mann stands behind his appraisals and will buy the domain at that price! (better yet if he pays appraised plus the $88! :) )

•••
Is it the Rodeo Drive of the UK? If so it's a fair appraisal.

•••
Accurate domain appraisal services is a myths.

Thank god i never fall for this scams when i begin but its so easy for newbies to fall in this webs.

A bit of advice to newbies if you want appraisal ask them here in the appraisal section or contact veterans and ask for their honest feedback it's free and there are still good people in the world that will help you for Free.

Just my 2 cents of opinion.

•••
Last edited:
•••
@bobbarato I'm not saying they should use 'ballpark'. There are many words that can be used. Great Appraisals. Amazing Appraisals etc. Using such words isn't the same as a claim for accuracy. When you claim accuracy it's something that's problematic. Mike himself admits that these appraisals can't be accurate... so I think it's a bad choice of word.

Last edited:
•••
Hey SuperB, I'm just having fun here. All those names are already taken, not that that is a deal breaker. Even SuperAppraisals is taken. :)

I can't believe this gem is still available!
CloseEnoughForGovernmentWorkAppraisals.com

<= this is my 420th post!!!

Last edited:
•••
Interesting that the domain is not listed for sale now on DomainMarket. Also not parked there.

Could this appraisal been ordered by the owner just to get an idea of value?

•••
I do understand that this is a street with expensive shops, but who's the possible end user who would pay this sort of price? I guess anything can happen in domaining but personally I'd love to get the details of this end user.
The same .CO.UK is not even parked.

•••
He will get orders, because he is Mike Mann and people go with the flow and because he is popular, everyone wants his opinion.
At $88 he should guarantee a domain sale. That is a lot. I better pay $30 / month at estibot, I get the same kind of appraisals.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I would be TRULY impressed if Mr. Mann stands behind his appraisals and will buy the domain at that price! (better yet if he pays appraised plus the $88! :) )
I'd be truly impressed if he believed in domain/appraisal enough to pay 2-3% of the appraised value. That's still thousands more than the name would fetch at NameJet (i.e. re-seller market value).

•••
•••
I think the accurate appraisal of this domain is actually $246,553 but they got pretty close to nailing it. But seriously... I don't think there's such a thing as an accurate domain appraisal and Mike Mann himself says that: "this is why we use an average of professionals, there is no correct answer, but that is the best we can do". So why use the word 'accurate' in the business name? It might have merit when an end user sees it, but it just seems misleading to claim the appraisal is accurate. I do understand that this is a street with expensive shops, but who's the possible end user who would pay this sort of price? I guess anything can happen in domaining but personally I'd love to get the details of this end user. I have a bridge to sell him. Free troll included.
its the most accurate possible, read the site for details......

•••
I suppose the appraisal could be used to justify a quoted price...but does it include closed comparables?

•••
Offer discount for domainers to test :xf.wink:

•••
There is nothing to "test" - either a closed sale will come in at this appraised price or close, or it will not.

I've sold domains at or above the GoDaddy appraised price recently, so that means that the GD appraisal tool is good for that price or higher, at least for domains I have appraised and sold recently on it. (Or it means that I got suckered into selling domains at or near the GD appraised price...depending on how you look at it.)

I always do my own research, and sometimes I feel that the GD Appraised price is good enough, and other times I reject it....

Last edited:
•••
I wonder if the appraisal includes any worksheets or analysis performed by each of the three selected appraisers? I also wonder if each of the appraisers should sign certifying their agreement with the appraised value?

•••
@Mike Mann Thanks for commenting on my post. Much respect to you for your success and sales. But IMO doing an average of three professionals' estimates doesn't make an appraisal accurate or close to accurate, no matter how seasoned they are. Is it better than a bot's appraisal? Sure. But I'll state the obvious- A domain will sell for what a buyer is willing to pay and what a seller is willing to sell it for. Anything else is speculation no matter how many comparable sales there are and how much experience the appraisers have.

Regarding this specific domain- RegentStreet: I think there is no indication from previous sales, search volume or any other metric that the domain is worth around $250K or anywhere near that. I'm not saying that it can't be sold for that because anything can happen (and you often prove that with your sales) but providing a certificate to a domain owner or to an end user that it's accurately worth that (or closely accurate to be worth that) seems misleading. There's a good chance it'll be helpful to convince end users psychologically to pay more, but still- I find the word 'accurate' problematic. Just my 2c worth though. If you'd be interested in sharing what this specific appraisal is based on, that might be helpful.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back