IT.COM

New Domain Name Appraisal from Mike Mann's AccurateAppraisals.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Yusupbabay

presiden.comTop Member
Impact
3D2420AD-B2C4-4A0E-B387-F42C303A6A0C.png

This is one of the first domain name appraisals from Mike Mann’s AccurateAppraisals.com. Appraisals cost $88 for each domain name and the final price is the average price from 3 appraisers.

What is your opinion?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
In real estate...comparable sales are the main component in market value. Not much room even for the most experienced appraiser to be subjective

Ultimately, the only reliable value is what a buyer or lender determines it's worth.

Future value appraisals are not often used.

•••
Show attachment 79917

This is one of the first domain name appraisals from Mike Mann’s AccurateAppraisals.com. Appraisals cost $88 for each domain name and the final price is the average price from 3 appraisers.

What is your opinion?

The domain name is worth zero cents, says Mr Wonderful. Unless someone buys the domain for "appraised" value. I'll be back to change Mr. Wonderful's opinion.

MR WONDERFUL LOL.png

•••
With these comparable sales, I fail to see how that value was derived.....except.....it's almost exactly 33X the godaddy appraisal value.

$7469 x 33.01 = $246,552 :)

americanstreet.com 193 USD 2018-01-13 GoDaddy
sixstreet.com 2,200 USD 2017-12-01 Sedo
blockstreet.com 2,764 USD 2017-11-28 DropCatch
sevenstreet.com 14,950 USD 2017-05-09 Uniregistry
colorstreet.com 16,000 USD 2017-04-11 Sedo
mountstreet.com 12,000 USD 2016-01-22 Uniregistry
jermynstreet.com$6,000
parkstreet.com$10,000
lombardstreet.com$2,500
godaddy appraisal is like a joke, just made up numbers by a bot to send you down a path of confusion, you took the bait

•••
The domain name is worth zero cents, says Mr Wonderful. Unless someone buys the domain for "appraised" value. I'll be back to change Mr. Wonderful's opinion.

Show attachment 80007
if they knew the value of their names they could negotiate a sale price, or delete them mostly, right now mostly everyone in the dark, no idea what they own

•••
In real estate...comparable sales are the main component in market value. Not much room even for the most experienced appraiser to be subjective

Ultimately, the only reliable value is what a buyer or lender determines it's worth.

Future value appraisals are not often used.
the lender will have to ask us or they will have no idea, not to mention any buyer with common sense, the appraised value is fair but is not the same as a negotiated cash sale price which is usually less

•••
I'd be truly impressed if he believed in domain/appraisal enough to pay 2-3% of the appraised value. That's still thousands more than the name would fetch at NameJet (i.e. re-seller market value).
Its not my appraised price, its the average of the best professionals which is obviously the best way to come up with a value and you will never be able to find a better way, ours will always be the very best possible appraisal. If you use a bot you are a fool.

•••
He will get orders, because he is Mike Mann and people go with the flow and because he is popular, everyone wants his opinion.
At $88 he should guarantee a domain sale. That is a lot. I better pay $30 / month at estibot, I get the same kind of appraisals.
this is for high end names where people need to know what they are worth, not your big list of crap to delete

•••
Interesting that the domain is not listed for sale now on DomainMarket. Also not parked there.

Could this appraisal been ordered by the owner just to get an idea of value?
They are all real customers interested in the value of their own assets for business purposes, like any smart professional would.

•••
@bobbarato I'm not saying they should use 'ballpark'. There are many words that can be used. Great Appraisals. Amazing Appraisals etc. Using such words isn't the same as a claim for accuracy. When you claim accuracy it's something that's problematic. Mike himself admits that these appraisals can't be accurate... so I think it's a bad choice of word.
really sorry you dont like our excellent perfect brand name, do you have a better one?

•••
•••
With these comparable sales, I fail to see how that value was derived.

Value & Price are different things.
Regentstreet price 125K easy (Regent street finance - subsidiary of KBC Bank NV)

Last edited:
•••
@Mike Mann I would like to see you pay $100,000 for this domain if the OP would sell it for that price and sell it at the price your professionals claim it's worth. If you claim that your appraisal tool is accurate and other tools are not.

•••
really sorry you dont like our excellent perfect brand name, do you have a better one?

It's a great brand name from a promotional angle for sure. Alliteration and all. But it's a bad brand name if you want to be accurate about what this service does. A better one for appraisals? No. But I'll be happy to sell you Businesslike.com for $246,555. :)

Again, as I mentioned in another message- much respect to you for your success and sales. But I'm entitled to my opinion and I think using 'accurate' to describe something that can't be accurate is a bad choice of word and isn't fair to the people who get the domains appraised and the end users who will receive this certificate.

Last edited:
•••
This thread reminded me of a childhood story.

•••
But it's a bad brand name if you want to be accurate about what this service does..

@SuperBrander does have a good point, even on the site it does says

There can be no "correct" domain valuation. The only way to get a good, fair, realistic valuation that everyone can count on is to use multiple top appraisers to reach an average/consensus valuation. And there are only a couple dozen people in the world qualified for this high level domain appraisal work in the first place; able to create realistic appraisals using best practices methodologies.

Ref: ( Domain Valuation Info 4th section down )

•••
I love the domain name Accurate Appraisals. I actually think it was an appraisal management company's name back in the day.

I would love to have 3 successful domain investors appraise a few of mine. These guys are/were some of my idols in domaining. I just wish it didn't cost so much for a single domain.

I also wish they would assist with placement at or near the appraised values.

After watching many, many episodes of domain Sherpa, it became clear to me that there is a high end lane in this industry where even mediocre names fetch $x,xxx or more.

Each week the Sherpas would play a guessing game and usually sold or acquired names in the $xx,xxx range.

I am trying to get into that lane! :)

•••
I love the domain name Accurate Appraisals. I actually think it was an appraisal management company's name back in the day.

I would love to have 3 successful domain investors appraise a few of mine. These guys are/were some of my idols in domaining. I just wish it didn't cost so much for a single domain.

I also wish they would assist with placement at or near the appraised values.

After watching many, many episodes of domain Sherpa, it became clear to me that there is a high end lane in this industry where even mediocre names fetch $x,xxx or more.

Each week the Sherpas would play a guessing game and usually sold or acquired names in the $xx,xxx range.

I am trying to get into that lane! :)

"Two Thirds of People Who Drown Are Strong Swimmers"

•••
Its not my appraised price, its the average of the best professionals which is obviously the best way to come up with a value and you will never be able to find a better way, ours will always be the very best possible appraisal. If you use a bot you are a fool.
With all due respect, appraisals are a scam. When you have a one off with no comparables, there is no way to produce a valuation. It comes down to what a buyer will pay and what a seller will accept.

I’m sure you’ll say well, one word domain sales history shows xyz, or LLL history shows blah blah blah. Not relevant info. That’s why we see such a wide spread in sales prices of “similar” domains. Dax for $500k while a different LLL sells for $15k.

I can’t believe people would spend a dime on this. It’s not even a service. It’s paying someone to guess the price of certain domains. Much like burnout carnival employees guessing your age/weight, except you can’t win a prize here...

Last edited:
•••
I just don't like the fee.

If Mike Mann told me..."I think that name is worth x dollars", I'd would trust that.
Don't need the other stuff so much.

I liked what Sherpas did with the donation thing. Somehow that seemed nice.

•••
I just don't like the fee.

If Mike Mann told me..."I think that name is worth x dollars", I'd would trust that.
Don't need the other stuff so much.

I liked what Sherpas did with the donation thing. Somehow that seemed nice.

The domainer's should get together and make a Shark Tank like show/channel on YouTube for domainer's. Where the Shark Domainer entrepreneurs can appraise and invest in Domains they "appraised" to make some
M O N E Y!

•••
@Mike Mann Thanks for commenting on my post. Much respect to you for your success and sales. But IMO doing an average of three professionals' estimates doesn't make an appraisal accurate or close to accurate, no matter how seasoned they are. Is it better than a bot's appraisal? Sure. But I'll state the obvious- A domain will sell for what a buyer is willing to pay and what a seller is willing to sell it for. Anything else is speculation no matter how many comparable sales there are and how much experience the appraisers have.

Regarding this specific domain- RegentStreet: I think there is no indication from previous sales, search volume or any other metric that the domain is worth around $250K or anywhere near that. I'm not saying that it can't be sold for that because anything can happen (and you often prove that with your sales) but providing a certificate to a domain owner or to an end user that it's accurately worth that (or closely accurate to be worth that) seems misleading. There's a good chance it'll be helpful to convince end users psychologically to pay more, but still- I find the word 'accurate' problematic. Just my 2c worth though. If you'd be interested in sharing what this specific appraisal is based on, that might be helpful.
This is the most accurate possible domain appraisal in the world, therefore the term Accurate is perfect under the circumstances. Anyhow every web site does not have exact perfect definition in its domain. What is yours? DomainTroll.co.uk ?

•••
The sales price is not our issue. The fair market value is, which ordinarily people don't achieve. They negotiate down in the buyers market like jewelry, art, etc. Still need accurate appraisals, and you have no way to get one without coming to my site.

•••
I wonder if the appraisal includes any worksheets or analysis performed by each of the three selected appraisers? I also wonder if each of the appraisers should sign certifying their agreement with the appraised value?
there is no worksheet included for $88, but for $1000 you can have one, and for another $1000 will get you some more signatures, this is an excellent public service, losing money, not clear if it will every be profitable but it works perfectly

•••
@Mike Mann Will there be an option for parking without an appraisal? Are you still planning on that?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back