Dynadot

discuss New .crypto gTLD vs crypto.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I have been reading story's all over the internet about the owner of crypto.com saying the domain is not for sale at any price. There is speculation the domain could have a value as high as 25 million dollars.

There is even one person (Francois):
https://domaininvesting.com/daily-poll-crypto-com-worth/

He says....

I received a $400K offer on crypto.info in January that I declined.
I think the confirmation that the .com is not for sale seriously raised the value of my .info overnight.

Looking at all of this I am starting to think the $185,000 to start a new gTLD might be a bargain for someone.

Spend the 185k and now sell...

bitcoin.crypto
anything.crypto

You would create a flurry of new registrations and the registrar who owned this could probably write their own paycheck by charging 25k per registration.

Interesting..... don't you think?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yup and also with a 500k sale of home.loans

How can you argue with sales, I'm a bit puzzled.

Yes .com is king but I'm not too proud to take money from other places if I can get it :xf.wink:
You don't just 'take money' with domains unless you managed to buy a legit liquid asset for under wholesale.

if you can't be bothered to consider the mathematical probability of something like this happening to you with a good looking ngtld that you might own, even if you sell for $10k, then I can't help you.

Data anomalies are all well and good, and not to be ignored. They should not be relied on to effect or justify poor decision making.

So what do you fail consider? Maybe it's the luck involved as there is with any domain sale to an end user. Being in the right place at the right time. Maybe it's the salesmanship of the person who managed to coax the purchaser to pay such a huge amount for a domain name like this. Perhaps it's the manipulation tactics to make out ngtlds are doing better than they really are. There are many variables.

Last edited:
•••
if you can't be bothered to consider the mathematical probability of something like this happening to you with a good looking ngtld that you might own, even if you sell for $10k, then I can't help you.

I don't defend gTLD, like I said I do not deal in them.

However, there is very little luck involved, it is a skill to register the correct ones that can have a potential end value. There are some members on the board here that have made really good money on them. The skill is in the selecting of the proper one.

The mathematical probability goes up exponentially in the hands of an experienced domainer. If I was in any way asking for help I would approach them because instead of arguing they are busy selling. I can assure you there is little to no help you can offer anyone until you open yourself up to the fact that gTLD's are here to stay and you need to adapt or be left behind. Sure some (or even a lot) will fail but key ones will survive and prosper. (y)

Last edited:
•••
left behind lol!

nah brother, I crush it. Anyway, enough about me.

I couldn't care less whether .loans is here next year or in 10 years. The tiny number of names that might look nice I wouldn't touch for the same reason I don't sell candy or go to the candy store alot or eat candy for any of my meals.

If I did go to the candy store, load up one of those see-through bags, I could walk around offering people on the street to buy some of me.

I'd get responses like:
"why would I want to eat that?"
"it's not proper food you know?"
"don't eat that stuff"

And you know what? Once in a while, I'll stumble across someone willing to give me a few cents for some cola bottles or a few dollars for a handful of strawberry shoelaces.

If I'm REALLY lucky, I'll bump into that one person who looks me in the eye and says they have always wanted to be in the candy business and wants to buy my candy store off me. Strange world, strange things happen.

Math and probability are your friends, don't forget it!

•••
I did well in math and the only mathematical probability I can give you for sure is that I cannot win by continuing this conversation with you.

I will leave you to your opinion and wish you the best, good luck domaining (y)

•••
I did well in math and the only mathematical probability I can give you for sure is that I cannot win by continuing this conversation with you.

I will leave you to your opinion and wish you the best, good luck domaining (y)
it's not about winning. Best to you too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back