Dynadot

tools Never Miss Out on New Domain Information Again

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Addison

Top Member
Impact
I discovered a superb (free) website for domainers today and want to share.

It enables us domainers to:
  1. Monitor price changes on domain names we want to buy
  2. Monitor changes to auctions (BIN added, description updates, new bids, and comments)
  3. Monitor articles for updates/changes
  4. Monitor forums and blogs for new comments or edits to comments
  5. Whatever else we can think up!

I like it most for monitoring WordPress blog comments, because unlike comments on forums (which do it correctly: add new comments at the very end), blog comments can appear all over with the nested "Reply" feature and finding the new comments is miserable to keep up with before this website.

It uses the exact match domain name: ChangeDetection.com

Our monitors can be made private or public if we want to share them.

What do you think? Do you like it too?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

2. Monitor changes to auctions (BIN added, description updates, new bids, and comments)

I like it most for monitoring WordPress blog comments, because unlike comments on forums (which do it correctly: add new comments at the very end), blog comments can appear all over with the nested "Reply" feature and finding the new comments is miserable to keep up with before this website.

Thanks @Addison

•••
Thanks, but a warning too : the website owner can see what you are monitoring.

•••
•••
•••
Seriously nice tool, love it already, thanks for this!

•••
Thanks, but a warning too : the website owner can see what you are monitoring.

unless you develop your own tools
thats true for any tool

•••
•••
They do not have permission to crawl other websites. This is ILLEGAL. THIS product violates copyrights laws. Is it part of namepros policy to promote illegal products now? It should be taken down.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
ummm it says they have been "doing this since 1996" ? wow!

and they haven't gone to jail yet? with respect are they really doing something illegal? a newbie wants to know.

how is what they are doing any different from say Archive.Org 's Wayback Machine?

•••

hey Addison! I really like your Profile Cartoony photo. who did that for you? I want one for me. like a Cartoon fat kid pissing in the wind. lol

•••
They do not have permission to crawl other websites. This is ILLEGAL.
Why are you lying? Every website has a robots.txt file that uses the robots exclusion standard and if a website doesn't want ChangeDetection.com to crawl it, they prevent it in that file.

There is absolutely nothing illegal about using ChangeDetection.com.

What should be illegal is allowing unschooled people to lie in a thread that is intended to help others. Your ignorant comments might cause others to miss out on this superb tool.

•••
•••
hey Addison! I really like your Profile Cartoony photo. who did that for you? I want one for me. like a Cartoon fat kid pissing in the wind. lol
That is @Bram C.'s profile photo. I don't have a "cartoony" picture. :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back