IT.COM

Netfirms.com push option is very hard

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ramkumaritrvs

Happiest man in the worldTop Member
Impact
Hello NP'ers,

Recently i sold a domain @ Netfirms.com and buyer wants push. When i contact Netfirms.com support they authenticated my account and they are asking buyer's account details for authentication.

As a seller, i can't ask these private questions to buyer. Do you?

As a buyer, i won't share my secret question answers or last 4 digit credit card. Do you?

Why they verify Buyer / Receiver account? There is nothing in security aspect in buyer's account.

Registrar's should think from customer point of view and make everything smooth to their customers.

Share your opinion, so they can fix it.

Thanks.
Ram.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's been the case with the entire domain.com registrar family for a while now. One option is to request support to remove the domain from your account and then request the buyer to add the domain to their netfirms account. This is slightly easier but ideally, do this while you're both online and logged in to your netfirms account to prevent any untoward event.

•••
After Netfirms merged with Domain.com, MyDomain.com and Dotster.com, the interfaces have really gone down the drain. All of the companies are now owned by a conglomerate known as Endurance International Group (EIGI). The emphasis of the dashboard is to upsell you on their hosting packages, which do not have a standard cPanel either.

Shame because I really enjoyed using MyDomain.com when I started getting into domaining. They were one of the first registrars to offer a free, advanced DNS hosting service, regardless if the domain was registered with them or not.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back