Domain Empire

.net thoughts.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is it just me or are the .nets harder to sell these days? Seems to me that .orgs and .infos are moving more so then .nets lately. There are still some good .nets out there to reg but my gut tells me to pass. I find myself trying to find good .orgs and .infos when I can't get .coms.

What does the NP Community think?
ST

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
probably .org, .info move faster because they are cheaper.

•••
.net is kind of dying....

•••
I have much faith in .info, and think that it has the potential to outdo .net and .org, reason being it is closer to what people usually use the internet for - to find information.

Also, .info translates well into other languages, like German.

•••
I still think .net is second to .com, but times are changing, and more players are emerging from other countries that seem to prefer the .info extension. You never know...

•••
yes i think .net is still second to .com .org tho has gone way down.

•••
is there another meaning of info in German??

•••
I personaly think that orgs are better than nets

•••
Originally posted by FruitFish
I still think .net is second to .com, but times are changing, and more players are emerging from other countries that seem to prefer the .info extension. You never know...

I agree.
The main reason .info is getting popular is .info demand from Germany (3rd or 4th most developed country in the world with almost 100 million people).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back