IT.COM

auctions Confused about drop catching

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sjpals

Yeah, this is meTop Member
Impact
I have been trying dropcatching at snapnames and am super confused….

There were some names that said they were coming up. I placed an order and snap names Aquired them.
They are all 4L and I placed low bids, just so I could see what goes on and understand it.

I accidentally bid on goyi.net
I don’t buy .nets normally.
I seem to be the only bidder. Surely, if I’m the only bidder, it shouldn’t have gone to auction and it should have just been purchased by me??
I’m glad, as I hope someone will bid on it, as it was an accident, but I’m now confused about how it all works.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
goyi.net has nothing related to dropcatching.
It was registered on 2022-08-13 and it's near to expiration.
Infact you can see also that Source: Private Seller
A private had simply listed it for sale and for the moment you are the only bidder.

•••
goyi.net has nothing related to dropcatching.
It was registered on 2022-08-13 and it's near to expiration.
Infact you can see also that Source: Private Seller
A private had simply listed it for sale and for the moment you are the only bidder.
?? That makes me even more confused... It was on snapnames and I thought that was only for dropcatching. Urg.
I thought that the list showed domains that were due to drop, you backorder them and if you are the only person you get it and if not, it goes to auction.

I didnt realise private sellers could sell on auction there as well. Oh well, goyi is another spelling for goji berry and hopefully someone else bids!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back