NameSilo

Needed: DN Sales Advice

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

totenmaske

Established Member
Impact
36
I received my first legitimate unsolicited domain name inquiry yesterday (via NameDrive). It's a german firm that owns/operates a website at the .de of my .net domain. Thier initial offer is $1,000EUR (which is well above two years parking revenue). I've never responded to an inquiry before, up to now all my sales have been via forums. I'd be happy to get $1,000EUR for the domain but I don't want to appear too eager to sell.

The domain happens to be listed in Yahoo Dir (twice) and has been regged since 2000.

Any advice?
 
0
Close
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Counter $1350.

-Steve
 
0
Close
How do you know who gave you the offer?
Usually you dont know it in parking/escrow sites.
 
0
Close
I think enquire ND domain different from others.
 
Last edited:
0
Close
stscac said:
Counter $1350.
-Steve

I would think $ 1350 would be a safe counter offer but an initial offer of
$ 1000 shows a good amount of interest IMO so you "may" be able to push it a bit more if you are feeling brave !

(assuming they are not going to ask you to get an appraisal !! ;) )

sibaong said:
I think enquire ND domain different from others.
Yeah - with namedrive you just get a email sent from the person making the offer and they have to put in their own details.



.
 
0
Close
totenmaske said:
...Thier initial offer is $1,000EUR (which is well above two years parking revenue)...
$1000 or 1000 EUR :?
 
0
Close
sibaong said:
$1000 or 1000 EUR :?
Good point - a little mix up there, if it is a 1000 euro offer a counter offer of 1350 euros should be safe.


.
 
0
Close
Excellent feedback...I think I'll send a counter-offer and see what develops.
 
0
Close
WOW, it took them two months to get back to me but apparently they are willing to accept my counter-offer. Is using PayPal a safe avenue for a sale of $1350EU or should I insist on using an Escrow service?
 
0
Close
totenmaske said:
WOW, it took them two months to get back to me but apparently they are willing to accept my counter-offer. Is using PayPal a safe avenue for a sale of $1350EU or should I insist on using an Escrow service?

I would accept Paypal. However I would not turn over the key of the domain name to them until after a month to make sure payment is legit and has cleared. You can ask them for this delay.
 
0
Close
ablaye said:
I would accept Paypal. However I would not turn over the key of the domain name to them until after a month to make sure payment is legit and has cleared. You can ask them for this delay.

Thanks for the feedback. Just found out that Escrow.com in not an option for me anyways...for some reason Arizona (US) is not supported!
 
0
Close
SEDO escrow - fee 3%
 
0
Close
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Quick replies: search, your most used replies, and more on every post
Quick replies are easier to find and use now. The quick reply menu has a search box. Type a few letters to find the reply you want. A...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back