Dynadot

advice Need urgent help regarding outbound inquiry?

NameSilo
Watch

Coinking

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,
Today i sent a email a company via website contact form regarding domain available for sale and company using hyphen domain and i have exact name without hyphen and i just received email from company and their reply is "
Hello,
We have not considered it. How much are you asking for it?"
Plz suggest me company interested or not in my domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes but low under $300

Without knowing the name, it's hard to say if the price is fair, however if the domain has limited range of potential users, it may be your only chance to sell and the $300 may be a score. My two cents. Good luck.

EDIT. It, doesn't mean you should not try to get a better price.

Last edited:
•••
Without knowing the name, it's hard to say if the price is fair, however if the domain has limited range of potential users, it may be your only chance to sell and the $300 may be a score. My two cents. Good luck.

EDIT. It, doesn't mean you should not try to get a better price.

I gave the OP a hand with his emails. The end user thinks that having a hyphen strengthens their brand :rolleyes:. I outlined a number of problems using them poses, and backed it up with an article that touched on some of my points and some.

The end user is unfortunately utterly clueless. The OP has a few more options to target but thankfully left the email exchange with the offer still on the table, if he can't sell elsewhere he can come back and accept it.

•••
your english writing skills don't effect the domain value at all
only your negotiation skills

Outbound is 100% about negotiation and sales skills, not the "value" of the domain.

So yes, you are right, but when you are doing outbound with domains that you bought for reg fee to $xxx and want to sell for $xxxx to $xxxxx it is all about your skills as a communicator (sales, presentation, negotiation).

If you sent me an eMail like your sample it would tell me three things:
1 - You don't care enough about yourself, or your product, to present your valued asset professionally.
2 - You might not have the means to educate yourself, so you would likely accept pennies on the dollar just o have some money.
3 - This might me a 3rd world scam.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean or nasty, I am just telling you what a person in the business world would think if they saw that eMail.

You can master communication and writing! You just have to do it. You can do anything you put your mind to. Never limit yourself or accept less than the best.

Last edited:
•••
I gave the OP a hand with his emails. The end user thinks that having a hyphen strengthens their brand :rolleyes:. I outlined a number of problems using them poses, and backed it up with an article that touched on some of my points and some.

The end user is unfortunately utterly clueless. The OP has a few more options to target but thankfully left the email exchange with the offer still on the table, if he can't sell elsewhere he can come back and accept it.

It was nice of you to do this but, in my experience, if someone needs influencing after the first two communications they are likely not to buy.

Educating the buyer over several communications is a waste of time, as I am sure many NPers can attest to.

•••
It was nice of you to do this but, in my experience, if someone needs influencing after the first two communications they are likely not to buy.

Educating the buyer over several communications is a waste of time, as I am sure many NPers can attest to.
PM SENT

•••

my outbound sales have been pretty straightforward
maybe a little price discussion
but if they want it
its more or less obvious

•••

For the reasons you posted above (1,2&3) I was trying to salvage the situation for the OP. An opportunity was potentially lost due to the lack of preparation.

•••
For the reasons you posted above (1,2&3) I was trying to salvage the situation for the OP. An opportunity was potentially lost due to the lack of preparation.
Because it was my first outbound inquiry that's why i was very excited.
I am learning and hopefully next time will better negotiation.

•••
Make it your first sale and take the offer. (y)

GL

•••
The end user thinks that having a hyphen strengthens their brand :rolleyes:.

It's not very uncommen. Like mentioned before on NP, the German market loves hyphens. I picked up the unhyphenated .com of a german company 2 weeks ago after they let it expire.

Dropped them a mail right after, explained the value to them and handed it over for regfee plus some for the time/effort. I did this on purpose as I had some domains for sale in their niche.

Two days later they approached me for 2 domains I had listed for sale and made some nice profit out of those.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back