Dynadot

Need unlimited hosting

NameSilo
Watch
I need cheap unlimited hosting...any sites please post here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
247-host.com and webhostingbuzz.com have cheap hosting.
But in what way do you want hosting to be unlimited?

•••
Please let us know more about your requirements in detail like the type of account, amount of space, monthly bandwidth, control panel etc..

•••
Please specify the budget for your requirement. Also provide some more details like amount of disk space and bandwidth required to get better offers.

•••
johnshaw said:

I strongly advise not to go with any hosting that boasts unlimited space or unlimited bandwidth. No such thing exists, before entering into a contract with such an organisation take a close look at their terms of service and acceptable use policy and you will see clauses such as "within reason" or "as long as it does not affect the network".

If you create a site and it truly takes off then it will affect the network and you will be closed down. Also no provider can claim unlimited space, until a hard drive that does not have a capacity exists they cannot offer such a service.

You should take a look at what you need for the time being. Once you have decided upon your needs add a % to allow for growth.

•••
johnshaw said:
Do you have unlimited sites to host?

•••
Sorry to break the news but no one has invented a server that never runs out of space.

•••
•••
That's a good point Peter. I'll keep that in mind. Oh yeah, How much does unlimited hosting usually cost per month compare to limited hosting per month? Anyone?

•••
try bluehost.com
I've been using it more than a year

•••
There is no such thing as unlimited hosting. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

A company may advertise unlimited space or bandwidth, however I guarantee if you read their terms and conditions they have certain limitations.

•••
Unfortunately full unlimited isn't possible due to technical abilities :)

•••
I think most given above 300GB storage is unlimitted for us... except u doing YouTube :p

•••
andygen said:
I think most given above 300GB storage is unlimitted for us... except u doing YouTube :p

Most servers don't even have 300 GB of storage and I would advise strongly against a service that lets you buy something like this for $20 a month or so (anyway how many people actually need 300GB of storage space).

I also find it amazing how some services say offer a very large storage space then only off say 40 GB of transfer.

•••
GoWebSite.com has also very cheap web hosting ($3.99 per month, disk space 5 GB, bandwidth 250 GB,). I guess it's a nice offer.

•••
loran76 said:
247-host.com and webhostingbuzz.com have cheap hosting.
But in what way do you want hosting to be unlimited?
Have you personally used 247-host.com? What are their prices?

•••
when you understand hosting... you will realise this question is absurd....

space matters if you want to upload files for personal use... but your average website wouldn't use that much space unless it was YouTube or google or something...

most hosts offer at least 50gigs... which is heaps.

they do it because its on shared services where most people don't use this much....

bandwith aswell is meaningless.... the reality of bandwith is there is no such thing as "unlimited" the fact of the matter is only a certain amount of data can go through a certain wire at anyone time. over the period of a month this equals out...

to give you an idea i think 10mbs/sec bandwith is equivalent to like 3000gigs a month transfer (from memory)

anyway

good hosts

DreamHost.com is a pretty good place to start. Its what i use when I am not using my dedicated box's. (I have 5 of them)

HostGator is a bit crappier in their shared configurations, but dreamhost is better. I stuck a site monitor on my shared box an it has had 100% uptime (I stuck it on there a month ago) which is amazing given that there would be 100's of other accounts on the same box i am sharing.

I have given this opinion in all honesty, but if you want to sign up, i can send you a code which mean I will get some dosh off my next hosting bill which would be nice. :)

also i run a free host if you just want a place to stick your files I can send you the address... it has had 100% uptime in the last month but I haven't really started promoting it yet. But it will have guaranteed uptime.

•••
derrida said:
when you understand hosting... you will realise this question is absurd....

space matters if you want to upload files for personal use... but your average website wouldn't use that much space unless it was YouTube or google or something...

most hosts offer at least 50gigs... which is heaps.

they do it because its on shared services where most people don't use this much....

I would not say that most give 50 gig of space but your reason for them offering it is 100% correct and this is called overselling. Look at it logically say a host has a server with a a 320gig hard drive and they supplied each user with 50 gig. If you do the math (and forgetting about system files etc) they can only host 6 users. In reality however there maybe 30 or 40 users on that server. Most users would not even go anywhere near using a gig never mind 50 gig.

derrida said:
bandwith aswell is meaningless.... the reality of bandwith is there is no such thing as "unlimited" the fact of the matter is only a certain amount of data can go through a certain wire at anyone time. over the period of a month this equals out...

to give you an idea i think 10mbs/sec bandwith is equivalent to like 3000gigs a month transfer (from memory)

10mb/s provided it is maxed out at 100% would allow a monthly transfer of 3164 GB of course however in reality connections rarely max out and usually run at a burst rate (ie you get busy times and you get quiet times).

You get data centers who will offer unlimited bandwidth but they usually state what sort of line you will be on and it will be a 1mb or a 10mb line if you want a 100mb line you will pay a lot more (bandwidth if the most expensive part of hosting. Hardware is a 1 off cost barring any breakdowns of course, bandwidth is constantly recurring).

•••
I strongly advice not to go with any host which provides unlimited hosting space or unlimited bandwidth.Instead,you can with a cheap host as there many these days.But choose one which gives value for what you pay.

•••
•••
If the intention of the website is for business,then it is preferable to avoid unlimited hosting.

•••
No hosts can give the unlimited feature for bandwidth effectively. They have to pay high amount for excess bandwidth usage. Please read carefully the offer regarding the unlimited feature.

•••
There is nothing as good as unmetered :)

•••
euk-damien said:
Please specify the budget for your requirement. Also provide some more details like amount of disk space and bandwidth required to get better offers.
He actually called it unlimited hosting :D . and i expect he is gonna be trolled soon like other cheapsters :)

Why cant you guys stay away from this word "Unlimited" when you are looking for something reliable but affordable goods?

Good Luck.
Regards

•••
There is no unlimited, but there is unmetered :hehe:
dont get confused mate
thanks,
montsa007

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back