Dynadot

Need Parking Advice!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hi, I recently found a keyword.com domain with around 92.970 searches per month/ 3100 searches daily according to Wordtracker (Seo Book Keyword Suggestion Tool) --> is this tool reilable?.

The problem is that the domain name is long, about 16 characters, and the words are separated with a "-" (LLL-LLL-LLLL-LLLLLL.com), but it contains the exact keyword phrase. Its a good move to buy it domain and park it? or I should focus only on short domain names?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
th "-" will not makea difference. It will still be recognised by the search engines as the proper keyword. Short names are not always better. I recommend that you create a mine site on it.

•••
what parking website you recommend me to park this domain? I've read that some websites only accept a minimum of websites to park... Namedrive is a good choice?

•••
If you have good quality names try trafficz or parked.com if not whyparked will create good content sites on the domains. If you wish to get approved automatically namedrive is a good option and will give you the option to sell your name or maybe even try sedo.

•••
ok murrc2, thanks for your advice. I'll wait another opinion before deciding what to do.

•••
•••
what parking website you recommend me to park this domain? I've read that some websites only accept a minimum of websites to park... Namedrive is a good choice?
IMO it's pointless to park such a domain name. It will get no natural traffic (type-in) because you're telling us it's multiple keywords separated by dashes. Just because the expression has high search volume does not mean traffic.
Parking works best with type-in domains, domains like the one you describe are only 'OK' for SEO, that means you must develop it otherwise it has no particular value.

•••
IMO it's pointless to park such a domain name. It will get no natural traffic (type-in) because you're telling us it's multiple keywords separated by dashes. Just because the expression has high search volume does not mean traffic.
Parking works best with type-in domains, domains like the one you describe are only 'OK' for SEO, that means you must develop it otherwise it has no particular value.

it not multiple keywords, its just one long keyword.

This in an Example:
the keyword is "free online movies"
According to wordtracker it haves 6000 daily searches
the domain I've found is free-online-movies.com

If I buy and park that domain in the example, will I earn some money from parking?

and other question... is http://tools.seobook.com/keyword-tools/seobook/ a reilable tool?

•••
If I buy and park that domain in the example, will I earn some money from parking?
The only way to find out is to try.
If only we could predict which domains are going to produce money.
But parking is not way to become rich. Plus, you need strong names that get type-in (not the same as search volume).

Even if you get one click per day, that probably means a few dollars at the end of the month.

The example you quoted is 3 keywords, not one.
Personally I would not register domains with more than one hyphen and they should be very strong.

Hint: you should not expect type-in on a domain name with hyphens.

•••
The only way to find out is to try.
If only we could predict which domains are going to produce money.
But parking is not way to become rich. Plus, you need strong names that get type-in (not the same as search volume).

Even if you get one click per day, that probably means a few dollars at the end of the month.

The example you quoted is 3 keywords, not one.
Personally I would not register domains with more than one hyphen and they should be very strong.

Hint: you should not expect type-in on a domain name with hyphens.

I know im not going to be rich by parking one domain, I just want to make a few bucks at the end of the month...

according to SEO, hyphens have no negative effect in the SERP.

Now I have another question, what if I buy .info instead of .com ? I will spent less money... but it will receive the same traffic as the .com?

•••
I know im not going to be rich by parking one domain, I just want to make a few bucks at the end of the month...

according to SEO, hyphens have no negative effect in the SERP.

Now I have another question, what if I buy .info instead of .com ? I will spent less money... but it will receive the same traffic as the .com?

Hyphens have no effect in SERP butyou will not be using this in search engines you will be parking it. So you want type in traffic and no one types in a domain and adds hyphens.

•••
The domain will cost at least $8/y and I doubt it will even make that much on parking... I have lots of domains that are OK (.com, 1 or 2 keywords with no hyphens) but they don't get a lot of traffic so they barely make $10/y.

Either you park the domain but you can't drive traffic to it, as it is against the terms of parking providers (artificial traffic).

Or you develop it, then you can promote it in search engines.

It's two different approaches to monetizing a domain.

The domain you describe appears to be unfit for parking as it will get no visits.

.info is not an extension that typically gets type-in.
The first year is typically cheaper, but when renewal kicks in it's roughly the same price as a .com.

TBH I doubt you can easily turn a reg fee domain into a revenue stream.
Unless you develop.

•••
ok thank for your advice.

•••
Try our software, it increases your rankings, and you can connect directly with an ad network integrated to our site. You will get much more in revenue, plus a free sales page all for free

•••
Your proposed name is a " key phrase" name, and they can be good in a very few cases - ForSaleByOwner.com is one that springs to mind. That is a catchy descriptive name, and it sold for a surprisingly large amount. I doubt if it would have made much from parking though, and it doen't contain any hyphens.

One thing you could try is to try the exact phrase into a Google search, and enclose it in quotes. Check the advertising on the results page. It's also worth using google trends to get an idea of activity on the phrase.

For me the hyphens would put me off, and I would look for an alternative. You will always lose traffic to the non-hyphenated name imho.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back