NameSilo

Need Help With GoDaddy Auctions Default Contact Details

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Restricted (Market)
Impact
I am having problems with my whois contact details from domains purchased though Godaddy auctions and support is 0 help (GoFigure)...

It is not using the account default details I setup at https://mya.godaddy.com/settings.aspx?settingstab=buyerprofile

instead it is pulling in whois details from who the heck knows where....its got an old outdated email address, that I cannot find anywhere in my account, not my default details, not my account login email. Nothing.

Yes, I can just manually correct the details on the domains as they are added to my account but I want it to just automatically assign the correct details from the beginning so I don't have to manually fix each name I purchase as I am starting to acquire more and more names though GD auctions (why do I do this to myself....sigh).

Anyone here have any ideas of where it might be pulling these old outdated details from???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Finally after like 5 tries I got a rep who actually seemed to know what he was talking about. He could not find the old email address applied to the domain anywhere in the system from his end. So I have no idea how it got used as the default whois contact email for the domain unless there is a completely separate system from the auctions side of things where it came from? Fortunately I was able to recreate the old email address to approve the whois change but like I said I really don;t want to have to keep manually changing the whois details on every name I buy.

So still unsure how to prevent this in the future....

•••
You're a hero, Ryan.

Five reps... wow.

Commented just to follow the thread.

•••
Still got no fix. Last rep was actually helpful and sounded like he knew what he was talking about but could not find any reference to the old email address in his systems. I'm guessing its a carryover from a separate auctions system that can't be seen.

I canceled my auctions membership and will be closing the GD account and creating a new one so there will be no old contact data anywhere even hidden in the system for it to use, hopefully this will force it to use the correct whois details. Then I'm looking into using the GD app to automatically change the name servers and to unlock the domains and obtain the auth code after the 60 day lock is up and also use the Epik app to automate consolidation. Hopefully once complete ill only have to log into GD to enter my bids and nothing more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back