Dynadot

advice Need help understanding pre-release

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

millert25

Established Member
Impact
There was a website I was interested in on namejet. It was a pre-release and I had backordered it at the $69 price. Once it reached the cutoff time there were quite a few bidders on it so I was expecting it to go to a private auction. It never did. It is sititng in my list of backorders as a wish list status now. I went to namebio and I see that it sold on namejet for $450. So... do pre-releases never go to a private auction and whatever the price is at the end is what the person gets it for? I'm kinda bummed that I missed this site. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Normally it should go to a private auction but since you mentioned wishlist status what this usually means is that the domain owner renewed the domain. What i find weird is that NameBio.com shows it actually sold for $450 did you check the dates though to see if it was a recent sale or was it an old sale? I am curious as to why it ended up happening this way.

- Will

•••
Thanks for the help but I figured it out, it was my mistake.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back