IT.COM

advice Need help retrieving a Yahoo email account

NameSilo
Watch

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
A friend of mine lost his Yahoo account control. He tried using the secondary email recovery and has tried several things all without success. Yahoo states it does not exist, nor can he recreate it. He is tech challenged. The account is about 15 years old and is used ocassionally. So he called me about it to see if I knew anything. My only experience was several years ago my Yahoo account was hacked, password changed but I recovered it a couple days later when discovered it by using my secondary recovery email, changed the password and no more issues. This account remains now 20+ years, rarely used.

So I tried simply logging in using his acct name (to confirm for him on my computer) and the login.Yahoo.com screen states the account does not exist. I logged into my account, but his does not resolve and simply does not appear.

Has anyone else lost an account, had it disappear or taken away? Any input appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
May or not may not be related but I think they did purge accounts before... could that have happened to a dormant account of your friend perhaps?

•••
May or not may not be related but I think they did purge accounts before... could that have happened to a dormant account of your friend perhaps?

Thanks. No, I asked him when was the last time he logged in, which he stated was a few days ago. It’s weird, because if it was hacked, he should be able to recover with the secondary email account.

Glad you mention that. I need to check one of my old 15 year accounts, used once this past year, and reinstated it actually since they held it dormant. I forgot about that.

With the new management, maybe new changes? I have another semi used account, I need to login to check it myself, its been several months non use.

•••
Yeah that's weird... hopefully it's sorted out!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back