Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Need help. Remote access to my MySQL database.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

TheWatcher

Founder, MAJ.COM QUE.COMTop Member
Impact
1,000
This is the first I will try to manage a MySQL database remotely, so I have no idea.

I have LAMPP setup, Plesk is my management software which I find out with limitation to open large queries through phpmyadmin. I previously used cPanel and no problem with it.

I want to use a third party MySQL database software to connect remotely to my database, so I can perform quick table queries, monitoring and backup.

Questions:
How to connect remotely to my MySQL Database, I already configured the port in firewall. But still can't connect remotely. I can login to MySQL through SSH.

What do I need to configure in my Linux/Plesk/MySQL so I can connect remotely?

Thanks in advance.
EM @ KING.NET
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I'm interested in any responses from the pros....
 
0
•••
Have you checked that the specific database user is set to respond to a remote request? It may just be set to localhost.

I generally create an additional users with limited privileges for the remote. Just a precaution, since a remote user can always be a target for a brute force attack.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back