Dynadot

status-replied Need help posting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am trying to post in Domain appraisals. But it is not letting me. Simetgijg about a thread limit. But I've closed another thread and it still won't let me post a new one.

Not sure what to do.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

The limited threads (e.g., in the marketplace and appraisal sections) are based on the number of your open threads and the last activity in your threads in those special sections, so if you post in all of your limited threads (or someone else does) and then you close them all, you'll have to wait 24 hours before you can create a new thread.

This is to prevent bumping abuse where members could open an old thread, bump it, close it, and repeat that process as many times as they want (and they could even create new threads) in order to have more listings show under New Posts than their account limits allow them to have.

We hope that helps.

•••
I've been here a long time. I've not experienced this. I'll have to figure it out. I understand trying to weed out abusive members. Maybe they can figure out a way to do that and not blanket those who are just trying to enjoy and add to the community. Trust me... when I close a thread and ask for it to be deleted as I did, it is a done deal. LOL. I don't have time to fake bump.

Thank you for your response.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back