NameSilo

question Need help getting started

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

G.Rose

Impact
Hello, I am trying to get started selling my Domains. The question is do I have too wait 60 days before I can sell them on Godaddy, Sedo, Afternic? My Domains are registered at Namesilo. I know namesilo has an auction, and I can start selling the same day i register the Domain, but I don't see many bidders there. I do like namesilo's Buy it Now lander page, But I would like to reach a larger audience with Godaddy, Afternic etc... Thanks G

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello, I am trying to get started selling my Domains. The question is do I have too wait 60 days before I can sell them on Godaddy, Sedo, Afternic? My Domains are registered at Namesilo. I know namesilo has an auction, and I can start selling the same day i register the Domain, but I don't see many bidders there. I do like namesilo's Buy it Now lander page, But I would like to reach a larger audience with Godaddy, Afternic etc... Thanks G

Welcome @Gabriel-R

You can list them directly after you've registered them. Some marketplaces like Afternic have more extensive listing options and 'fast transfer', which will be available after the 60 day period. You have to opt-in for this. In the meantime your domain will be listed on the Afternic website itself. And when your domain sells at Sedo, Afternic, elsewhere, within the 60d period, you can 'push' the domain to the buyer (or via escrow first). This is basically an administrative account change at your registrar. Happy selling!

Last edited:
•••
My Domains are registered at Namesilo. I like the Buy it now Lander at Namesilo. can I use Afternic or Sedo to bring buyers to my Namesilo Buy it now Lander? Thanks G

•••
My Domains are registered at Namesilo. I like the Buy it now Lander at Namesilo. can I use Afternic or Sedo to bring buyers to my Namesilo Buy it now Lander? Thanks G

Short, no :)

But you can passively list them at Sedo, while using another lander elsewhere. A lander is where a visitor arrives, through dns or forwarding/redirection.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I want to put my Domains at Auction and was wondering if Godaddy has the better auction, is there another better Auction than Godaddy? Thanks G

•••
I want to put my Domains at Auction and was wondering if Godaddy has the better auction, is there another better Auction than Godaddy? Thanks G

I won't go there to give an opinion about better, best here in this thread. You may find out in other threads ;) There's lots of information on namePros already. Use site search or google + site:namepros.com.

•••
I won't go there to give an opinion about better, best here in this thread. You may find out in other threads ;) There's lots of information on namePros already. Use site search or google + site:namepros.com.

Other way around, which is the least commission and well known auction platform. Where there is a decent traffic and exposure and the website doesn't keep a major chunk of the sale as commission.

•••
•••
cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
generally, you need to check with your registrar. basically, 60-day lock will be there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back