NameSilo

Getting started - Entering The Domain?

Labeled as question in Domain Beginners started by MrMDMF, Oct 11, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. MrMDMF

MrMDMF Established Member

Here starts my crazy journey.
    As a newbie I figured I'd to the experts for advice on the fundamentals so I can develop this interesting side hustle as well as get insight on how others started their domain flipping adventure.

So, some preface/burning questions first:
    I've started on Godaddy, with less than £200 & have some mediocre domains I'd like to get started with. Obviously, my investments are low, £10 here £20 there. So I don't expect to make 4 figures a month but some extra cash every now and then sounds awesome.

My current domains are:
    bestshoppingmarkets.com
    wayforwardjobs.com
    & my personal favourite, healthiestbar.com

Now that you've finished laugh I have some questions! :xf.laugh:

-After having this appraised, the general price range is 500-1000 USD. How accurate is this & what good marketing strategies to advertise these domains?
    -When it comes to selling, which listing type do you prefer? What are the advantages & disadvantages of each?
    -Once listed and sold, what is the process of the buyer receiving the domain and you receiving payment? I'd assume it's automatic through godaddy but I'm not 100% sure
    -How do I ensure my domain is of the highest quality to potential buyers?
    -What are some other resources I should look out for?

Thanks for checking out my post. Now, I'm curious, how did you begin, why did you start, how did you find out about domain flipping & where do you see it going?

-M

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Active Member VIP

Hello M and welcome to nps! The answers to many of your questions and the road map (at least the starting point) is outlined in several threads here. Take some time from regging and do some reading and note taking here...lots of good info.

3. MrMDMF

Thanks for redirecting me, I look forward to learning!

4. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If domaining was that easy everybody would be doing it. But that begs the question: why were all these names unregistered if they have any resale value ?
    I think you are putting the cart before the horse. Domaining is not about buying some domain, then figuring out how to sell it. You should think about the potential end users before you buy anything.
    Good luck.

5. MrMDMF

I was sceptical of its accuracy, I thought of those on the fly so I thought it would be interesting to gauge their value :xf.laugh:

I'm really excited to sharpen my understanding of what's marketable. I've been experimenting with keywords & expireddomains.net, a few names have caught my eye so I hope to invest in them soon when I have the money

Thank you for the info!

6. MrMDMF

7. J Sokol

J Sokol Established Member

Welcome to NamePros @MrMDMF. I'm new to domaining also, and the best advice I've gotten is to go slow on buying until you understand how the business works. There's a lot to learn -- so read, ask questions, and try to be patient.

8. MrMDMF

Hey man, thanks for the advice. Being a domainer seems really tricky at first, but luckily there are so many nuggets floating around I'm sure we'll make it work!

9. alcy

alcy Active Member VIP

there really aren't 50 ways to do this... no magical formulas or tips really...
    what you get out of domaining is exactly what you put in... like in most things in life.. if not all.

its just important to keep learning and studying.. markets.. sales.. threads... trends... and there is tons to learn... most people require years of persistance and time to master domaining.

your definitely in good place to learn from here... if you're serious about domaining. the rest is just entirely up to you and yourself..

enjoy
    gl

10. MrMDMF

To be honest, I'm very happy I was able to find a community before delving into the industry blind. There are so many dedicated people on here. That gives me hope for what I can achieve if I put in the time, work ethic & passion to develop my skill-set :bookworm::xf.grin:

11. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator Gold Account

Truth

12. MrMDMF

I think I've put 30+ hours into research over the last 3 days.
    The grind is long & very real :xf.laugh:
    Enjoyable though.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!