IT.COM

advice Need advice to buy .com .net or .co

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I am looking to develop website about popular touristic destination city with population around 400,000

the .com is for sale at BIN 23,000$
the .net was for sale at 16,000$ now the seller offers it for 2200$
the .co is expiring , may be I can get for 60$

what do you think is the best option ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what do you think is the best option ?
From an extension perspective - .com
From your wallets' perspective - that you know.

•••
It really depends on how seriously you want to take your business. Your best option is always the .com. Have you tried negotiating the .com? You can probably get them down a good % if you negotiate (unless its Mike Mann or someone)

If you just want to give it a try, then look for a hand-reg like mycity.com or ourcity.com or something else. With a .co you're going to leak a lot of traffic to the .com, especially if you're doing physical advertising like billboards or radio.

In my order of importance ...
the .com
the .net
a lesser .com hand-reg
....some other stuff ...
the .co

•••
If you were planning on pouring a lot of money into developing the site and you thought it was something that was going to bring in high XX,XXX in yearly revenue and the website could potentially sell for XXX,XXX at a later time, I would consider paying 20k for exact match GEO .com.

Otherwise, I would go for a CITYNAME+Keyword.com

I would not develop a site on an exact .net or .co, I would rather put up a site on a 2 word .com. I don't think .CO is a good URL for a developed city site. .CO doesn't do well in print or word of mouth as people will confuse it with .com

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back