NameSilo

[Need Advice] Is it worth continuing the negotiation?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fuadiansyah

Established Member
Impact
Hi Everyone,

I need some suggestion from everyone here who successfully sold by outbound effort.
I am in the middle of negotiation with this family-owned business in US.
I have this domain, let say *TwoWords*.com
They currently own this website, let say *TwoWords*+brand.com. Yes, with "brand" word at the end of the domain.

I've tried to reach out to them and offer them my domain.
They promptly answer back with this:

Hello.
We are *Two Words* Brand.
Yes, having *TwoWords*.com would be nice but I don’t see it as crucial to our business.
If you own that domain, let me know what you have in mind.

I don't want to be rushed in this negotiation.
So, if that's the reply, is it worth to continue the negotiation? If so, what should be my next step?
Thank you.

NB: After trademark checking, they don't hold any trademark for that two words name.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
See, it depends upon the specific name you are selling. I don't know what you are selling? Depending on the name, you need to focus on the traffic potential, branding or whatever you feel is important.

•••
Possibly, find some good quality content on web which will boost the chances of sale. Share those links with the prospect.

•••
Possibly, find some good quality content on web which will boost the chances of sale. Share those links with the prospect.

OK, I'll consider it. But FYI, in my perspective I don't want them to perceived me as the one who looks so desperate to sell this domain. It will lower my bargaining position. In my last email, it's quite a long email. I don't want them to be distracted again by me when I sent again a long email talking about traffic potential, branding stuff, etc. I believe It will sound too salesy..

So you say when they 100% convinced, they will do anything to pay the domain right here right now whatever the price is even they have sort in cash? Or it's like a crazy women when there is a crazy deal on department store, is it?

Last edited:
•••
When we are emailing to a prospect in response to his message and sharing some quality to-the-point information with him, it will help him understand the things better and will facilitate the sale, provided we are not spamming. Desperation is when we are spamming or when we are lowering and lowering our price. It will be better, if instead of sending the links, you rephrase the content and send it as a part of your mail to him.

Not necessarily. When they are 100% convinced with your name and comfortable with you, they will either buy the name then and there if they have cash, or they may tell you straight away that it doesn't suit their budget, or they may delay it for some time, or they may negotiate with you....endless possibilities. They won't buy it like crazy women. Then, you'll have to find another prospect. There are no guarantees in this business, or anywhere else. We have to just work and work, till we sell the name we own.:xf.smile:

•••
And brother, there is one more important point I would love to share with you. We cannot judge by the people's attire what they have in their pockets. Google does provide us lot of information and on the basis of that we can only predict the financial position of any business. However, we cannot be 100% sure.

I had been trying to sell a very premium domain (which is worth xxxxx dollars) for few months. I had mailed more than 100 prospects. All in vain. One fine morning, I got a counter offer for that name. That offer was just enough to cover my cost. And, I sold that domain in December'16 only. Only few days back, I got to know that those poor looking fellows were actually multi-millionaires.

So, we cannot judge and we shouldn't prejudge people or our prospects.

•••
And brother, there is one more important point I would love to share with you. We cannot judge by the people's attire what they have in their pockets. Google does provide us lot of information and on the basis of that we can only predict the financial position of any business. However, we cannot be 100% sure.

I had been trying to sell a very premium domain (which is worth xxxxx dollars) for few months. I had mailed more than 100 prospects. All in vain. One fine morning, I got a counter offer for that name. That offer was just enough to cover my cost. And, I sold that domain in December'16 only. Only few days back, I got to know that those poor looking fellows were actually multi-millionaires.

So, we cannot judge and we shouldn't prejudge people or our prospects.
Nice share, buddy. This world is very unpredictable. Poor looking fellows were actually multi-millionaires, vice versa, rich looking fellows were actually a poor-ass cocky bastard. I've seen many of them here in my country.
So, did you have any regret especially about the price you offer to him?

Last edited:
•••
That was a great opportunity loss for me. Still, it was a learning experience too.

•••
yes continue with email .its more proffesional

•••
Updates on the reply from them?

•••
•••
Thanks, I meant after that reply from them ;)

•••
•••
Hi everyone,

Finally the buyer has paid via Godaddy Premium Listing.
Has to pay 20% commission though. But, it's worth it as it helps with my credibility to the buyer when listed the domain as premium on Godaddy.
Thanks again everyone. I'll not make this first sale without all your advice and support. I've learn so much on the process...
Will soon post the sale in the completed domain name sales...

Last edited:
•••
Is there anyone has sold name via Godaddy premium listing?
How many days did it take until you receive the funds?
I've contact the support and they said it takes 30 days to release the funds. That's way too long...

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the follow up!

And big congrats to your sale!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back