IT.COM

Need Advice in Selling Domain

NameSilo
Watch

Reginasia

Impact
Hello Everyone... Iam a newbie in Domaining and i have some knowledge in buying domains...but i need all ur advice and guidance in selling domains ...particularly keyword domains and Geo + Service domains in .com only... When i check the sales history in Namebio its showing many are sold in godaddy... Iam confused how they are selling these domains... by direct pitch or by auctions...? Kindly advice for both immediate sale and holding & selling domains too...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Solution
1. People can list on godaddy auctions

2. Godaddy has their own auctions (expired names)

3. GoDaddy is a broker and sells other peoples names via afternic

If you have names for sale list on afternic and make sure fast transfer is available if you can. Then wait, might be a day or many decades, but if it's good names, wait.

If you have names for sale list on afternic and make sure fast transfer is available if you can. Then wait, might be a day or many decades, but if it's good names, wait.

•••
Upvote 2
Solution
Hello Everyone... Iam a newbie in Domaining and i have some knowledge in buying domains...but i need all ur advice and guidance in selling domains ...particularly keyword domains and Geo + Service domains in .com only... When i check the sales history in Namebio its showing many are sold in godaddy... Iam confused how they are selling these domains... by direct pitch or by auctions...? Kindly advice for both immediate sale and holding & selling domains too...
A large portion of domains are sold via afternic by "domainers" or basically people like us, who buy domains to resell them at a later date.

The domains you see on Namebio that are listed as Godaddy (as the venue) are mainly Godaddy auctions (where other people bid for the domain name).

Selling domains can be tough even if they are good quality. You have to list them on the marketplaces and wait for interest to come in from a buyer. Or you can be more proactive and reach out to people you feel would benefit the most from owning the domain name.

-Omar

•••
Upvote 0

Thank you so much for ur advice !!! Appreciate ur effort to help a beginner...

•••
Upvote 0
A large portion of domains are sold via afternic by "domainers" or basically people like us, who buy domains to resell them at a later date.

The domains you see on Namebio that are listed as Godaddy (as the venue) are mainly Godaddy auctions (where other people bid for the domain name).

Selling domains can be tough even if they are good quality. You have to list them on the marketplaces and wait for interest to come in from a buyer. Or you can be more proactive and reach out to people you feel would benefit the most from owning the domain name.

-Omar
Tats true... Even if its a good name selling is bit tough sometimes... But I got an overview of selling it now from experienced ppl like u all...Thanks a ton for advice !!!

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back