NameSilo

Need a mentor (I'm a beginner)

Located in ☆ Networking - Meet and Greet started by Seundavid, Feb 10, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Seundavid

Seundavid New Member

Hello Guys,
    I want to venture into this domain business. I'm a beginner, just starting out, I need someone to guide me through.
    Cheers

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Hey From L.A. VIP

Let Namepros be your guide. Read all you can. It's all here and mostly already written. Use the search bar to find answers to specific questions.

Best of luck friend!..and Welcome!

3. Ategy.com

Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

Hello @Seundavid .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

The scope of everything you need to learn about domaining as someone new is really beyond what you can ask someone to guide you through completely .. particularly when there is already so much information available for you to learn from for free. I suggest you take some time to go through all the corners of NamePros .. as well as check out many of the blogs (you can check out mine at NameCult) and podcasts (@DomainSherpa is very helpful, as is @DomainNameWire). Then if you have specific concepts or questions you don't understand, if the question/topic does not already exist, definitely free free to start a new discussion on your question/topic in the appropriate section of NamePros!

Best of luck to you! :)

4. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator

I've said this before: If anyone here privately offers to be your mentor for a fee or partnering with domain buys or sells, DON'T DO IT !

Trolls and con artists hang out in every forum and will be happy to take your money to teach you their "expertise".

5. handpicked

handpicked Established Member

Welcome aboard. You can find some very experienced and wise domain experts out here. I, with only a tech background and being poor in Mktg/Valuation find this site most valuable to scale my skills. You can do this as well.

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP

If you have not already discovered it, excellent resources on NPs in the Beginners section..

https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-beginner-discussions.844937/

I put together a long list of domain investor beginning advice which may be helpful.

https://agreatnameforyou.blogspot.com/2018/08/advice-to-domain-investors.html

If your funds allow, DNAcademy will teach you well. Otherwise as @Ategy.com posted DomainSherpa episodes and follow DomainNameWire.

There are hundreds of posts at NameTalent, some geared to beginners, such as this Guide to Getting Started With NameBio.

The very best wishes for success.

Bob

7. J Sokol

J Sokol Established Member

Welcome @Seundavid - nice to have you at NamePros! In addition to all the tips offered above, it's good to understand that domain investing is a slow process and rarely leads to instant wealth. Be sure to buy slowly and carefully - you'll learn a lot from your early purchases.
    Happy domaining to you -

8. WatchDogue

WatchDogue Active Member VIP

Determine the " domain aspect " that interests you personally and search out as much as possible that is specific or relates to your interests and abilities.

Read posts about your interests and likely you will see several posters whose interests are similar to yours and some have posted info and ideas relative to your interests.

Post your domain questions in threads that are specific to your interests.

Welcome to NamePros!

9. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I don't think you need a mentor. You simply need to educate yourself, do research like everybody else. There are no shortcuts. If you don't have the time, patience and inclination and expect quick results, you'd rather think twice.

10. Kenny

Kenny Member Services, NamePros Super Moderator Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hello Seundavid,

Welcome to NamePros!

Here are some links that may help you navigate the forum.

We have many resources that are designed to help you get started:

Domain Name Discussions is the most popular place in the entire industry to discuss domains with domainers and ask questions.

Additionally, the following guides will help you navigate the marketplace to sell your domains:
    • The Marketplace Guide will help you with listing your domains for sale on NamePros.
    • The Domain Name Listing Guide will help explain the different sections on NamePros for domain sales and how to use them.
    • The Auction Guide will help walk you through starting an auction on NamePros.
    Last but not least, please check out our brief welcome guide that shows you all the great resources we have on NamePros:

NamePros Resources Guide

Please feel free to contact us anytime if you need anything. I'm always happy to help and answer any questions that you may have.

I look forward to seeing you around!

Peace,
    Kenny

11. Sulabh Sharma

Sulabh Sharma Active Member VIP

12. OmarVG

OmarVG Active Member VIP

13. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

14. KhaledA

KhaledA Established Member

Welcome and happy domaining !

15. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Established Member

Welcome to NamePros - best of luck in meeting your goals!

16. ak4586

ak4586 Established Member

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!