IT.COM

Namewinner

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Is anyone else having problems logging into Namewinner?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, I have had problems all day!

Last edited:
•••
i had a problem too i guess there is something wrong with the server

•••
What is Namewinner exactly?

•••
Namewinner is a drop catching service which catches expiring domain names for it's members. You can sign up for free and enter domains into your account that you want to watch or bid on. Min bid is $15 ($8.75 for "old" accounts). You can bid on names up to 1:00pm EST on the day the name drops. Bidding is fast and furious in the last couple of minutes. If NameWinner wins the name on your behalf, it will collect funds from your credit card and send you the login information from their partner registrar who caught the name so you can manage your new domina name. This usually takes a couple of days.

To see some of the names expiring tomorrow check out the homepage of startname.com (on the righ hand side) or http://www.namewinner.com/bestlist.php. Many other sources of names are available as well. Check out the "Expiring Domain Lists" section of www.start.name to see some more.

•••
•••
Hey, does anyone here have a $8.75 Namewinner account here?

•••
•••
I have not had a problem

HI

I have not had a problem logging into my NW account,

But what I have noticed now is they are sending out email notices if you are out bidded on a domain you are trying to grab,

Great idea, but could become a pain if you have hundreds of domains on back order,

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Software
http://www.expireddomainsoftware.com

•••
Originally posted by checknme
I do :)

Maybe I should rephrase that -- Does anyone have an extra $8.75 NW account?

•••
Re: I have not had a problem

Originally posted by ezimedia

<snip>But what I have noticed now is they are sending out email notices if you are out bidded on a domain you are trying to grab, <Snip>.

Ahhh ...they stopped notifications a while ago..nice to see they're back..though I haven't received any...yet:)

•••
I have winning problem in Namewinner ... they can't beat pool. Sometimes, it's a waste of time to put names in there knowing most of my names was grab by pool ... so bad...

•••
Originally posted by TheWatcher
I have winning problem in Namewinner ... they can't beat pool. Sometimes, it's a waste of time to put names in there knowing most of my names was grab by pool ... so bad...

As we usually attempt to catch names within a niche market Namewinner does a good job sometimes

However, I agree for .COM's they cannot touch Pool. But I have really come to hate Pool's Auction system

•••
Originally posted by CenterPoint
As we usually attempt to catch names within a niche market Namewinner does a good job sometimes

However, I agree for .COM's they cannot touch Pool. But I have really come to hate Pool's Auction system

Okay, but what other alternative is there?

•••
Pool has pretty much become the leader in catching drops. If you have deep pockets and want to catch top names pool is the place to go.

Aside from that there are a couple of private drop clubs and DropWizard which have a good success rate

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back