Domain Empire

Nameservers and Stuff.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello people.. I had just pruchased a Reseller hosting package and would like some help in confirming what I did right was wrong or right. This was what I have done so far.

1. Since my domain name was purchased with Registerfly, I went to Register/Edit
Nameservers to create a new Nameserver. So I create ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com and their ip addresses.

2. Next I went to Set/Modify DNS settings for my domain and set it to ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.my domain.com.

I was told to wait up to 24 hours for it to probagate. Is that it? How do I know for sure I am doing right? I do not want to wait 24 hours only to realize I had made a mistake.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tok

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like you did it right to me. As long as you used the correct ip addresses for registering your ns1 and ns2 and your host has set things up right on their end ...... you should be good to go.

•••
Be warned though that it may take up to 72hrs to propogate fully. I had one at the weekend took approximately 50hrs which was really frustrating

•••
Yes, you did do it right. It will take anywhere from 24-72 hours.

Good luck
- Carlos

•••
I knew I could find help here:) Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back