IT.COM

Nameserver.IO will be stopping service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dominic Belley

Four Letter AcronymsTop Member
Impact
Today I tried to access one of my domain and it did not resolve. I found that weird.

I verified the DNS settings, it was ok, the domain was on Afternic. I visited NameServer.IO to make sure that was ok too ..

...and BOOM !!!! This is what I saw :

upload_2017-11-11_18-23-7.png

I was a bit surprised to see that.
All my domains where using NameServer.IO, it seems I will have to find an alternative.

The service is supposed to be working until Nov 30 but it seems its down already or at least at the moment.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for the heads up.

Nameserver.io redirects have had lots of downtime issue for months.

There really is no simpler way of redirecting than this though, so despite the downtime issues I've still been using them at registrars without forwarding (i.e. network solutions) where I just temporarily receive auction won domains and move them out right after the 60-day transfer lock is lifted.

There are still 14,000+ domains using nameserver.io name servers (and probably a considerable number after Nov 30).

Nameserver.io is currently listed for sale at Sedo for $4999.

•••
I just transferred all my DNS to Bodis with Auto-redirect to URL. It does pretty much the same result.

•••
Thanks for the heads up.

Nameserver.io redirects have had lots of downtime issue for months.

There really is no simpler way of redirecting than this though, so despite the downtime issues I've still been using them at registrars without forwarding (i.e. network solutions) where I just temporarily receive auction won domains and move them out right after the 60-day transfer lock is lifted.

There are still 14,000+ domains using nameserver.io name servers (and probably a considerable number after Nov 30).

Nameserver.io is currently listed for sale at Sedo for $4999.
True I tested them on my domains and it didn't work. As an alternative I would recommend CloudFlaRe, however it takes a lot of time to set it up, here are the steps:
1. You have to create cloudflare account.
2. Add your domain (you can only add 1 at the time).
3. Change the nameservers to theirs AND wait to propagate (from my experience it takes 1-2h)
4. Go to each domain you added and add Forwarding URL in Page Rules.

•••
Just found out about this. I wish someone would create a similar site to fill the void NamerServer.io left.

•••
Can someone fill me in on what features NameServer.io used to have? Maybe we can fill the void over at DomainHolder.io.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back