NameSilo

Names.co.uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
They want to charge £10 per domain name to transfer out. WTF!!! Is this even legal??

Trapped me with £1 domains as a promo.

Renewals £19.99

Transfer out £10 + other registrar fee.. FFS

AVOID

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thats what you get when you want to be smart and register domains for £1

•••
Other registrars offer deals for similar amounts that do not do the same.. smart for shopping about? stupid for not reading teh small print.. we live we learn.. just warning others.

•••
.com ?
Yes, this is allowed... registrars can charge for transfers out.

•••
thats what you get when you want to be smart and register domains for £1
It's not always true. Last year I have registered 66 domains at 0.31 euro at one of names.co.uk sister companies, so a total for around 20$. During the first year, I have sold 3 names to end users for xxx, I have sold around 10 here on namepros for an average of 24$ per name and I will renew around 15 of them. The rest of them some I will drop and a few I will transfer to a small registrar for less than 1$, just in case. In the end a good ROI with a small risk.

•••
They want to charge £10 per domain name to transfer out. WTF!!! Is this even legal??

Trapped me with £1 domains as a promo.

Renewals £19.99

Transfer out £10 + other registrar fee.. FFS

AVOID

That stinks!

Yes, they are allowed to charge, but seriously how many registrars do make a charge for transferring out?

No other, as far as I'm aware.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back