IT.COM

status-duplicate NamePros was sold to Epik?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

poweredbyme

Top Member
Impact
Namepros has slowly turned like Epik forum. When I first signed up to Namepros there were not excessive amount of posts and threads about a particular company. I can hardly read a thread without a spam-like post about Epik. I really wonder if Epik bought Namepros. @Eric Lyon , are you still the owner of Namepros?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namepros has slowly turned like Epik forum. When I first signed up to Namepros there were not excessive amount of posts and threads about a particular company. I can hardly read a thread without a spam-like post about Epik. I really wonder if Epik bought Namepros. @Eric Lyon , are you still the owner of Namepros?

@Eric Lyon was never the owner of Namepros in any capacity. Eric was the admin and his roles have changed over the years.

I will grant Rob posts a lot but the other question should be asked, "Why don't the other companies in the industry spend sufficient time at Namepros?" Not only spend time but give back, I don't agree with everything Rob delves into and don't want to hear anyone's opinion on politics but at least a fair amount of members here have actually had a tangible benefit from him posting here.

@DAN.COM does a good job and @namesilo and @Sedo make an effort but there are many companies in this space.

Last edited:
•••
@equity78 summed it up pretty well .. it's not that @Rob Monster participates and posts too much .. it's that the other registrars participate too little!

People at NamePros love to jump and complain at a lot of things. In the end no registrar is perfect .. but I prefer to support registrars that ACTUALLY LISTEN TO, AND ENGAGE WITH, their customers.

For the record I have no clue who owns NamePros. Pretty sure it wasn't @Eric Lyon though .. NamePros is a big money making machine with all the advertising and membership fees .. and Eric went through some pretty tough times in the Houston flooding a year or two ago .. so as I often say when it comes to the investability of some domains .. "the math just doesn't support the argument" .. lol.

Also .. if it was Rob now .. then I think we'd be seeing more Epik ads and fewer ads from other registrars!? ;)

That being said .. Epik is acquiring a lot these days .. but I think their next acquisition is probably going to be Verisign!
(Because if you're going to start rumours .. at least make them juicy ones .. lol)

•••
Rob was an oldtime domainer before he bacame the owner of Epik.com. Epik gives many benefits to reseller domainers like ourselves, not like most other registrars.

So I think he has all the right like we do to post about our opinions, offers etc. As long as it does not break the rules of the forum, I don't think it will be an issue.

•••
Just viral marketing from Rob...

That's a funny one.

In the spirit of full transparency, here is what I told the Client Services team members who were concerned about this thread:

upload_2019-12-1_7-57-19.png

I have not interacted with the OP before he posted this thread. I do teach that folks should turn lemons into lemonade:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/turning-lemons-into-lemonade.1161776

This was definitely a lemon. The folks bumping this thread are making lemonade.

That said, we are certainly listening for the feedback.

•••
I agree with previous commentators. Epik is now working hard to become popular among domain investors. It was expensive, but thanks to good discounts and great offers, 40% of my domain (from 35 names) asset is now with Epik. Just thinking about how to renew domains.

I think it`s Dynadot owners.

Thanks for the kind words.

As for NP being owned by Dynadot, that would be interesting. I think it could easily be spun out into stand-alone non-profit entity. There is really no need for a company to own a public good.

However, for sure Epik does not have any ownership interest in NP, directly or indirectly. I get squeezed by the moderators as much as the next guy.

When I talk about NP traffic growth like this:

upload_2019-12-1_8-20-44.png

It is because I view it as a bellwether for general industry engagement. My hope is that in the next 12 months, we can engage at least another 10,000 active domain investors. Hence making this free:

https://domaingraduate.com/

I have lots of ideas for growing NP. However, I don't care who owns it, who makes money from owning it, or who takes credit for its growth. This is just about making the pie bigger.

Last edited:
•••

... Here are five things xy's commonly get wrong about;

1. If CYBRSQTR are in the water, stay out
2. No assurance that their business is safe .. here @ NPs
3. Oh Crap, Human Resources professional can't handle this. Scuba equipment?
4. It's a bit of the science fiction ... w.t.f. is .. ej8f9ouiiuc4h6e7.com
5. Read but just don't interact
RIP English, I didn't understand a thing of what u just said(n). Has anyone else?

•••
•••
As many of you will probably know from reading previous posts, I've had a few disagreements with @robmonster about various posts. However, my opinion has slightly changed over recent weeks. I think the work ethic of the man is unrivalled and if he stays within the rules of namepros, good on him. Yes it can be a bit annoying when a high amount of posts have something to do with Epik but as mentioned in previous posts, it's available to others too.

•••

Just say NO to drugs man.

•••
Namepros has slowly turned like Epik forum.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the CEO of ____________ (fill in blank with goddy, namsilo, hstgatr, bluhost, namcheap, dyndot, etc.) were as active here as Rob is?!?

Sure, if all the CEO's (or their singularly approved proxy) posted as frequently as Rob does there would be a lot of promotional posts to read thru...but then think about all the positive changes that could be made on each one of those platforms as they are being made on Epik. The others are missing the boat (and have been for years as far as having an active role here).

btw, do you guys really not know who owns nps or is there something I have missed?

•••

I agree with previous commentators. Epik is now working hard to become popular among domain investors. It was expensive, but thanks to good discounts and great offers, 40% of my domain (from 35 names) asset is now with Epik. Just thinking about how to renew domains.

Matt sold the owner has remained anonymous much to the chagrin of some in the domain industry.

I think it`s Dynadot owners.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Actually @matt_bodis owns NamePros. (If the hands not changed recently)

•••
Last edited:
•••
Even when Rob stops posting new threads,

People complain. i still dont know CEO of those other companies look like.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Even when Rob stops posting new threads,

People complain. i still dont know CEO of those other companies’ look like,

Samer

If my opinion right, it`s Todd Han. Hidden Namepros CEO.

upload_2019-12-1_20-34-10.png

•••
Also, its joke. Maybe.
We aren´t even completely off-topic.
However, should we continue this dialogue on April 1st?

•••
... there are many companies in this space.

Last edited:
•••
I have heard rumors but was under the belief that whoever currently owns NamePros does so anonymously.

•••
Namepros has slowly turned like Epik forum. When I first signed up to Namepros there were not excessive amount of posts and threads about a particular company. I can hardly read a thread without a spam-like post about Epik. I really wonder if Epik bought Namepros.
Just viral marketing from Rob...

•••
•••
If the news is real :) it great forum

Last edited:
•••
If my opinion right, it`s Todd Han. Hidden Namepros CEO.
Time for an Advent outing of the Namepros home owner? (y)

I see you are Russian @Makise, don´t feel offended but if somebody knows more than the crowd he/she might be Russian. :sneaky: (Good Todd Han doesn´t run for US presidency. AFAIK)

•••
Time for an Advent outing of the Namepros home owner? (y)

I see you are Russian @Makise, don´t feel offended but if somebody knows more than the crowd he/she might be Russian. :sneaky: (Good Todd Han doesn´t run for US presidency. AFAIK)

Todd has been elected from our NP community. You simply have no idea about our interference in the election.

Also, its joke. Maybe.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back