Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Namepros spamming?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

neroux

Established Member
Impact
26
Hi,

I just noticed a two days old PM (strangely it didnt show up as new PM) which reads as follows
Hello NamePros Members!

I'd like to take this occasion to introduce and invite you to *****.com, which bills itself as a new revolution in domain parking.

........

This message was obviously sent as official advertisement message by Namepros.

I like Namepros but I do not think its member database should be (ab)used for sending out such advertisements.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Neat, I bet myself $5 two days ago that this exact thread would be created.

-RJ- said:
As you know, I don't normally use the PM system for announcements of this kind, but I want to make sure everyone has the opportunity to see and try this new service, and take advantage of the 100% revenue share that Bodis is offering those that sign up now.

RJ, in essence, has just told a bunch of people with metal detectors where they can find a buried treasure. The message didn't mean any harm, and it wasn't sent for the purpose of ticking you off or spamming.

In the end, it's Ron's site, and if he wants to invite his members to a new service that would genuinely help them, he'd do it -- that's why he sent it.

It wasn't even obtrusive -- no email or popup was sent (at least if your preferences are set that way -- if it offends you so much, turn them OFF). If you didn't want to read it, you didn't have to. If you don't want to be bothered by the webmaster trying to help you out, that's your problem. It doesn't warrant a complaint or conspiracy thread. Get over it.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
neroux said:
So you are referring to the privileges my account is having in Namepros' MySQL database? If so, go ahead and set everything to 0 if you feel better then.

I repeat, I like Namepros and consider its moderators as one of the most professional, calm and mature ones (at least most of them) but it doesnt have anything to do with a privilege.
Sigh.
neroux said:
Well, I consider statements like "privilege", "free of charge", "$400 a year" as bootlicking. If you do not agree you are free to do so.
I'd like to hear why. So, someone states their opinion about this forum (ie: all the good things), and they are bootlicking, IYHO?

neroux said:
So can you specify what was so "ridiculous" about my posting. I simply pointed out that Namepros violated its own rules.
I'll be back to reply to this in a few minutes, when I stop laughing.
 
0
•••
SecondVersion said:
I'd like to hear why. So, someone states their opinion about this forum (ie: all the good things), and they are bootlicking, IYHO?
Considering the fast rate of replies and the over-positive tone, yes absolutely.

SecondVersion said:
I'll be back to reply to this in a few minutes, when I stop laughing.
What an argument :rolleyes:
 
0
•••
Etab said:
Neat, I bet myself $5 two days ago that this exact thread would be created.

Hahaha, congratulations!
 
0
•••
This guy is ridiculous. When I saw the PM from NamePros my first reaction was "How unusual...haven't seen that before." It was out of the ordinary, but in no way would I consider it spam, rude or out-of-bounds. In fact, I was intrigued enough to go and sign up.

Come on, we all come across this type of guy in our daily lives, don't we? He is the white guy that gets really offended by the n-word or the guy who is offended by "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. Or maybe he is the hetero guy that gets offended when someone says "That's so gay!" or he is the agnostic that protests public nativity scenes because it is offensive.

Give it a rest neroux. Just as in real life you don't have the right to not be offended, on this board you don't have the right to freedom from advertising. You are using this forum at NamePro's discretion. If you don't like it, don't visit. If you don't want to receive adverts from NP, turn off your PM's.
 
0
•••
I still want the last word so








HAPPY BIRTHDAY RJ :xf.love: :xf.love:
 
0
•••
neroux said:
Considering the fast rate of replies and the over-positive tone, yes absolutely.
You just don't get it, and you didn't answer me.

Oh well, done with this thread.

:gl:
 
0
•••
Obviously some of you still dont get it.

My suggestion, reread my posting at http://www.namepros.com/2104817-post10.html again and then reread it again and again and again ........

in particular
The reason behind my message was simply to inquiry about an official Namepros message with Spam character. Private messages of such a character are neither appreciated nor allowed at Namepros (see the thread a bit below this one) and this for a good reason.

Now I found it strange that exactly the official Namepros site is sending out such a message. A sticky thread or forum wide announcement would have been far less "invasive" and more along the rules.

SecondVersion said:
You just don't get it, and you didn't answer me.
Of course I did, actually you quoted my reply.

But on topic, you were not answering because you had to laugh in your "very mature" way.


mellowmasher said:
I still want the last word so

___________


mellowmasher said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RJ :xf.love: :xf.love:
I second that. Happy Birthday!

I guess he (who is actually concerned) would never go that overboard as some others (who werent concerned at all) did.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
neroux said:
So you are referring to the privileges my account is having in Namepros' MySQL database? If so, go ahead and set everything to 0 if you feel better then.

I repeat, I like Namepros and consider its moderators as one of the most professional, calm and mature ones (at least most of them) but it doesnt have anything to do with a privilege.

Well, I consider statements like "privilege", "free of charge", "$400 a year" as bootlicking. If you do not agree you are free to do so.

So can you specify what was so "ridiculous" about my posting. I simply pointed out that Namepros violated its own rules.

Wow, just wow.

Neroux - Not a privilege? Bootlicking? Get real. Any time numerous people spend thousands of hours of THEIR time creating a resource for you - consider yourself privileged.

Violated its own rules?
Is there a rule that I missed that stated: The owner of NamePros is NOT to send pm's to it's user database?

:yell:

Some peoples kids.
 
0
•••
Saying NamePros isn't a privlage is like saying recieving an education isn't a privilage.

You know how many things I have learned here in the short time I have been here? No school could of done it in this short time.

Get real dude...
Ridiculous...

-zurc
 
0
•••
neroux said:
I just noticed a two days old PM (strangely it didnt show up as new PM) which reads as follows

I'm just baffled that you're complaining about a PM you didn't even notice at first. :hehe:

For the record, it is indeed a privilege to be a member here. It's not a right you were born with, and your membership can be stripped from you at Staff's discretion when you constantly break rules. :)

For the owner of the site, who provides a free service, to send you a beneficial message that you didn't even notice, I don't think it's a big deal. :imho:
 
0
•••
Rj's boots still stink so :hehe: :yell:

Abu Gabby said:
Allegiance and public breast feeding.

.

Public breast feeding is good :imho:
 
0
•••
Nobody honked :(
 
0
•••
My horn is broken, sorry :/
 
0
•••
Why are my posts being deleted? Now I am offended.
 
0
•••
zurcsdomains said:
Saying NamePros isn't a privlage is like saying recieving an education isn't a privilage.

Maybe that's what the problem is!

Sorry Mellow,

You can post again!
 
0
•••
Abu Gabby said:
Why are my posts being deleted? Now I am offended.


I noticed that... :::shrug:::
 
0
•••
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaughhhhhhhhhh :'(

I got it too ;)


But seriously - This thread is over with :p This is a free forum , and YES it is a privilege to be a member here , Not a Right.


BTW - Many of us pay for memberships elsewhere - And receive PM Ads many times. -RJ- (If you'll notice) didn't send an Ad for himself , But a fellow member.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back