Namepros spamming?

SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

neroux

Established Member
Impact
26
Hi,

I just noticed a two days old PM (strangely it didnt show up as new PM) which reads as follows
Hello NamePros Members!

I'd like to take this occasion to introduce and invite you to *****.com, which bills itself as a new revolution in domain parking.

........

This message was obviously sent as official advertisement message by Namepros.

I like Namepros but I do not think its member database should be (ab)used for sending out such advertisements.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
neroux said:
Hi,

I just noticed a two days old PM (strangely it didnt show up as new PM) which reads as follows


This message was obviously sent as official advertisement message by Namepros.

I like Namepros but I do not think its member database should be (ab)used for sending out such advertisements.
You get 1 PM and you think you were abused? :D rofl
 
0
•••
Come on, NamePros is free, no subscription required, one PM shouldn't be such trouble.

The site was advertised by NamePros, they was telling you of a new service, which would no-doubt be helpful to you, and many others.

It's not like it's a junk PM, you're getting every week.

(Also, i'd just like to point out, you are advertising two links in your Signature.
NamePros allows you to do this. Just play fair. ;) )
 
0
•••
Bah, I'm all for it.

I'd much prefer 1 spam a week, to that top banner.
 
0
•••
agreed with Hitch
 
0
•••
namepros doesn't charge you like some sites. its one spam and its helpful, you shouldn't complain, everyone needs to make money aswell.
 
0
•••
Hitch said:
Come on, NamePros is free, no subscription required, one PM shouldn't be such trouble.

The site was advertised by NamePros, they was telling you of a new service, which would no-doubt be helpful to you, and many others.

It's not like it's a junk PM, you're getting every week.

(Also, i'd just like to point out, you are advertising two links in your Signature.
NamePros allows you to do this. Just play fair. ;) )
indeed.

Be thankful this forum is free. RJ could decide to charge $400/yr like another forum, and still have ads everywhere, but no, he keeps it free with LIMITED ads.
 
0
•••
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Namepros and its staff for allowing me the **privilege** to be here **free** of charge with all its great members and all the great knowledge information and opportunities.

:hehe:
 
Last edited:
0
•••
As far as the new message alert is concerned, it makes sense. -RJ- was pretty discrete about it. If everyone received a pop-up saying that they had a new PM, or an email saying they had one (for those users who have the setting enabled), it would have been a different story. I don't see how this single message could possibly interrupt your daily life. If you were active in Live Chat you'd hear people asking about parking websites very often, I personally find this instance of "spam" more helpful than harmful.

Honk if you agree!
 
0
•••
It is really unbelievable. I think I have never received that many replies in such a short time - I'd could consider it even as flooding attack ;). Some bootlicking is really going over the top - "privilege", "free of charge", "$400 a year". U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E :rolleyes:

As I said I like Namepros and its staff is IMHO one of the most professional and flexible I have encountered on webbased forums so far. But I do not consider it as "privilege" to participate here nor would I pay $400 - and I assume most will share this view.

Nonetheless, I like Namepros - to mention it again.


For the moment I am only going to reply to Hitch's posting as his seems the most factual one.

Hitch said:
Come on, NamePros is free, no subscription required, one PM shouldn't be such trouble.

The site was advertised by NamePros, they was telling you of a new service, which would no-doubt be helpful to you, and many others.
I havent visited the site yet but do not even doubt that it can be helpful. I also do not consider the PM as such a trouble.

The reason behind my message was simply to inquiry about an official Namepros message with Spam character. Private messages of such a character are neither appreciated nor allowed at Namepros (see the thread a bit below this one) and this for a good reason.

Now I found it strange that exactly the official Namepros site is sending out such a message. A sticky thread or forum wide announcement would have been far less "invasive" and more along the rules.


Hitch said:
It's not like it's a junk PM, you're getting every week.
The least of junk/spam PMs are sent every week.

Hitch said:
(Also, i'd just like to point out, you are advertising two links in your Signature.
NamePros allows you to do this. Just play fair. ;) )
I do, but I am utilising an officially allowed way.
 
0
•••
neroux said:
But I do not consider it as "privilege" to participate here .

:( you dont???
 
0
•••
Hey it's only 1 ad PM you got from the admin and you call it spam abuse? You must realize that we benefit from NP membership for gratis, do business here for gratis, can seek and find help for gratis and a lot of gratis.

You must also understand that our forum must earn revenues from ads like what you see there on top so the owner can afford to operate and keep it free, for all.

I like Namepros
Please understand. It's just one small thing to give something back to our forum.
 
0
•••
neroux said:
I do, but I am utilising an officially allowed way.

Oh, so you can post your links, but the owner of the forum you are posting them on can't share his?

I think we're getting a little touch of crazy in us here. If you don't want them, turn off your messaging, it was one PM. Better yet, if you don't like it, don't come here.

Also, if you went to that site, you wouldn't be complaining right now, because you would be making more money.

Just my .02.

Ryan
 
0
•••
neroux said:
Some bootlicking is really going over the top - .

:sold: rjs boots stink so dont go there
 
0
•••
mellowmasher said:
:( you dont???
No, I do not. As I said Namepros is a great community with professional and calm moderators, but every community depends primarily on its users and not vice-versa. I am not saying its a privilege for Namepros that I am posting here, but its neither the other way round.

netPH said:
Hey it's only 1 ad PM you got from the admin and you call it spam abuse? You must realize that we benefit from NP membership for gratis, do business here for gratis, can seek and find help for gratis and a lot of gratis.
Just as Namepros benefits from us gratis.

netPH said:
You must also understand that our forum must earn revenues from ads like what you see there on top so the owner can afford to operate and keep it free, for all.
Sure, but they already do so by all the advertising spread over the site. Also - as I already mentioned - I wouldnt have ever "complained" about a sticky thread or forum wide announcment. The point is just, Namepros violated its own rules.

mellowmasher said:
:sold: rjs boots stink so dont go there
Thanks, will remember it ;).
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I cant speak for any other member besides myself... but yes I do consider it a privilage to be here and have access to everything for free..

I am no bootlicker I speak as I find and what I find is .... fine members of one if not the best forums I have ever visited.

There are many other domain forums around but none I have found so friendly and giving in information needed to be a domainer..
 
0
•••
mellowmasher said:
I cant speak for any other member besides myself... but yes I do consider it a privilage to be here and have access to everything for free..
How you see this is definitely and certainly up to you.

mellowmasher said:
There are many other domain forums around but none I have found so friendly and giving in information needed to be a domainer..
I agree with you.
 
0
•••
neroux said:
But I do not consider it as "privilege" to participate here .
How so?

Your ability to read threads, post, have a signature with your links - just being a member - is all a privilege. It can be taken away just as easily as it's given.

Btw, no one here is 'bootlicking'. Many of the posts here are from long time, up-standing members, who care about this forum; who have a great deal of respect for Ron and what he's done with NamePros. Don't expect us to agree with you, when you decide to post something as ridiculous as this.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
neroux said:
I agree with you.

Great answer but I want the last word so


nps :kickass: :imho: if your unhappy :wave: :blink: RJ if you wanna pm :bah: mark :loveyou: sorry had to say it :p

Give me a few adult bonking smilies i could say so much more :hehe: :yell:
 
0
•••
mellowmasher said:
Great answer
Thanks ;)

mellowmasher said:
but I want the last word so
:D

mellowmasher said:
nps if your unhappy :wave: :blink: RJ if you wanna pm :bah: mark :loveyou: sorry had to say it :p
Dont worry, I am not unhappy at all ;) ;)


SecondVersion said:
How so?

Your ability to read threads, post, have a signature with your links - just being a member - is all a privilege. It can be taken away just as easily as it's given.
So you are referring to the privileges my account is having in Namepros' MySQL database? If so, go ahead and set everything to 0 if you feel better then.

I repeat, I like Namepros and consider its moderators as one of the most professional, calm and mature ones (at least most of them) but it doesnt have anything to do with a privilege.

SecondVersion said:
Btw, no one here is 'bootlicking'.
Well, I consider statements like "privilege", "free of charge", "$400 a year" as bootlicking. If you do not agree you are free to do so.

SecondVersion said:
Don't expect us to agree with you, when you decide to post something as ridiculous as this.
So can you specify what was so "ridiculous" about my posting. I simply pointed out that Namepros violated its own rules.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back