Dynadot

NamePros really did good calling a lot of trends

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enterscope

Domain InvestmentsTop Member
Impact
It's quite impressive actually. If you've been on NamePros the last several years and were paying attention, then you definitely would have caught a lot of these trends way before they became super mainstream. There's been users buying and selling AI domains for years on here, and AI has blown up only recently. I'm sure some members have made some decent ROI on AI related names.

Some of the major trends forecasted on here:

Drones
AI
Crypto
3D Printing
Meta
VR
Robots

What are some other ones?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nft
Cannabis

Last edited:
•••
I'm hoping gold will have a revival. Several countries are introducing gold backed currencies.

•••
Sometimes, it's obvious stuff that's all over the place like cannabis, crypto etc. So if somebody starts a thread on it, no bid deal, it's not some big secret.

But there are other trends that are not well known and it boggles the mind why someone would start a thread on it in a room full of competitors instead of mining it to death for yourself. If you discover a mountain of gold, don't go tell the world about it.

One example that comes to mind are kumquats. I was slowing buying up the good names, thought I had some time, then somebody had to go and start a thread about them - https://www.namepros.com/threads/showcase-and-discuss-kumquat-cumquat-quat-domains.800149/

To this day it makes me sad.

Last edited:
•••
When minds converge great things happen!

•••
Cloud
Solar

Here are some trends, may help
https://sedo.com/us/buy-domains/market-trends/

also @Acroplex is posting weekly trends, great posts like
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sedo-domain-sales-report-2-weeks.1300169/

Trending Trends GIF by YoungerTV

Last edited:
•••
TV
Its true, interest in .TV domains was highest when web video traffic was at its lowest, over a decade ago.

However, now that video has turned the [web] page, with 80% of web traffic, its clear being early on a trend does not always pay-off... as just a handful of domains account for the vast majority of online TV traffic.

Though a future trend, of automated AI video channels, will very likely even things out a bit.

•••
"If you discover -trend-, don't go tell the world about it." If so it won't be marketed nor trend.
"What are some other ones?"
I have some in my small website portfolio that although widely present commercially and used everywhere, yet are not much trendy in domaining trade, as with NFC.
Aside of it, solar domains were on least demand here, from the modern development trends.

Last edited:
•••
TV
Its true, interest in .TV domains was highest when web video traffic was at its lowest, over a decade ago.

However, now that video has turned the [web] page, with 80% of web traffic, its clear being early on a trend does not always pay-off... as just a handful of domains account for the vast majority of online TV traffic.

Though a future trend, of automated AI video channels, will very likely even things out a bit.

I thought .TV would have been a lot more popular, especially with how big Twitch.tv got, but it never took off

•••
Is there any more evidence that this is the case other than everyone jumping on any bandwagon that they can see a d hyping it up until it's absolutely dead as a dodo?

•••
Yes. Thanks to namepros I registered some metaverse-related domains, like businessmetaverse in king

•••
Some of the major trends forecasted on here:

Drones
AI
Crypto

3D Printing
Meta
VR
Robots

What are some other ones?

... all in bold are strongly related to the implementation of the IoT. The IoT's kick off is y 2025.
(Data + App + Device + User IO + ML + AI ... etc )

Humanoids - 2030
Particles - 2032

Regards

Last edited:
•••
yeah did great job predicting trends so what's the next one?

•••
•••
•••
Sometimes, it's obvious stuff that's all over the place like cannabis, crypto etc. So if somebody starts a thread on it, no bid deal, it's not some big secret.

But there are other trends that are not well known and it boggles the mind why someone would start a thread on it in a room full of competitors instead of mining it to death for yourself. If you discover a mountain of gold, don't go tell the world about it.

One example that comes to mind are kumquats. I was slowing buying up the good names, thought I had some time, then somebody had to go and start a thread about them - https://www.namepros.com/threads/showcase-and-discuss-kumquat-cumquat-quat-domains.800149/

To this day it makes me sad.

I have no words.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
i invested in some phygital domains thinking it would blow up. but it didn't yet... im not that heavily into it.

•••
•••
Namepros really got me some nice Libra and stadia domains. Looking forward to cashing them in...

Can't wait for the next trademarked name to come along so that we can argue about whether they have a right to it or not.

Last edited:
•••
I thought .TV would have been a lot more popular, especially with how big Twitch.tv got, but it never took off
The TV game is not over yet, though the domain industry is currently not positioned to make a come-back, as streaming is overflowing the banks and flooding the web.

In 2020 web streaming was valued at $50 Billion. Its estimated to be worth 416.84 billion by 2030.
What's more, web (page) surfing is going in the opposite direction, aka down.

Twitch.tv founder, Justin Kan -who I talked shop with over a beer when he was live streaming Justin.TV, and Byron Allen of AllenMedia.tv, 'took off' and became billionaires with .TV domains. Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned.

Last edited:
•••
Namepros really got me some nice Libra and stadia domains. Looking forward to cashing them in...

Can't wait for the next trademarked name to come along so that we can argue about whether they have a right to it or not.
was libra and stadia a bust?

ik meta is still hot

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back