NameSilo

NamePros really did good calling a lot of trends

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enterscope

Domain InvestmentsTop Member
Impact
It's quite impressive actually. If you've been on NamePros the last several years and were paying attention, then you definitely would have caught a lot of these trends way before they became super mainstream. There's been users buying and selling AI domains for years on here, and AI has blown up only recently. I'm sure some members have made some decent ROI on AI related names.

Some of the major trends forecasted on here:

Drones
AI
Crypto
3D Printing
Meta
VR
Robots

What are some other ones?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Namebio only has one sale for a kumquat domain back in 2015 for kumquatcupcakery and that sold for just $265. Did you do well with the ones you acquired?
There is a private Kumquat forum setup here at NP. Entry is proof of sales at least $1,000. First rule of Kumquat Club is we don't talk about Kumquat sales. Second rule of Kumquat Club is we don't report kumquat sales. So I would say don't buy any kumquat names, there are no sales happening at all, it will be a waste of your money.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well the UK has always had a gold backed currency. The soverign is legal tender and is worth £1, and the Britannia is £100. I think that value is only used to avoid aying death duties though. Currently a Britannia will cost you £1,710.88, and a soverign is £425.33. There is no tax as it is a legal tender currency in the UK. Of course Sterling (the Pound) is a fiat currency, and is not backed by anything. Historical note - It is called the pound because it was originally and note that promised the delivery of a pond of silver. A pound of silver ( 14 troy ounces ) is currently selling for £266.56 - try getting that from the bank of England for you pound notes ( well £5 notes).

I understand that the two significant gold backed digital currencies that are imminent are the Ruble and the Yuan. I guess it is debatable as to whether there will ever be released, but certainly Russia and China have been accumulating gold recently, and they have been using it foir trading.

I would also ague that Bitcoin is a gold backed currency, but that is only true if you believe that Bitcoin is digital gold. It is the only cryptocurrency that can make that claim.

•••
•••
I understand that the two significant gold backed digital currencies that are imminent are the Ruble and the Yuan. I guess it is debatable as to whether there will ever be released, but certainly Russia and China have been accumulating gold recently, and they have been using it foir trading.
Indeed both countries have purchased a lot of gold lately, but that's, in my opinion not because they plan to tie their currencies to gold but to navigate better the financial fiasco we are starting to feel.

I would also ague that Bitcoin is a gold backed currency, but that is only true if you believe that Bitcoin is digital gold. It is the only cryptocurrency that can make that claim.

Well, it is not. What you ask is I think if BTC will act like Gold in the long run which is debatable. Speaking of that, I check into PAX Gold (and I know there are other cryptos) pegged to the gold price.

•••
i invested in some phygital domains thinking it would blow up. but it didn't yet... im not that heavily into it.
I think I'm going to throw up if I hear phytital one more time.. come on now. Or whatever it is. Phygital. What a terrible looking name.
that was from 2021. Did not throw up but really want to now just to prove a point. Real kumquat of a DN trend.

•••
that was from 2021. Did not throw up but really want to now just to prove a point. Real kumquat of a DN trend.
Idk, it's increasing in popularity and advancements, isn't it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back