IT.COM

NamePros Downvote Gang?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are you a "NamePros Downvote Gang" member?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 🤬 Absolutely. I have no shame.

votes
    15.4%
  • 😏 It depends on the person and the post.

votes
    15.4%
  • 😌 Not at all. I'm open to different viewpoints.

votes
    61.5%
  • 🙄 I only read my thread posts/responses.

vote
    7.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

QUAD DOMAINS

Established Member
Impact
🤬 Do YOU excessively downvote?

🤬 Do YOU believe impact score is the sole validator of accuracy and truth in a post?

🤬 Does constructive dialogue about anything other than .com make YOUR blood boil?

🤬 Are YOU planning to downvote this thread just because it asks legitimate questions?

If you answered yes to either, you're encouraged to be, and do, better. This forum, and the people, deserve it.

(Note: Downvoting this thread constitutes an endorsement of the NamePros Downvote Gang concept.)

#becommunitynotgang

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The constant crying over an anonymous thumbs down is unreal. Some people really need to grow up. If someone is so fragile that they can't handle an anonymous thumbs down, they shouldn't be on the internet. Someone didn't like your post, who cares? What does knowing their username do for you? The insecurity over a thumbs down is unreal.

How many more threads until we can wipe the tears and move on?

Oh my god I got a thumbs down, MODS HELP! HELP ME MODS! A random person on the planet didn't like my post! HELPPP MEEEEE I NEED TO KNOW WHO THEY AREEEE :( :( :(

Think different - perspective - angle. Right now, Anon + or - is a baby game. Later on, you don't know who's who and mentality and... I'm not going to buy /sell names @NPs bc I can't "believe" (let the trust alone) in a "positive" or "deserved negation". Simple... oh and there's more to come...Hate virus. Just watch.

Regards

•••
Think different - perspective - angle. Right now, Anon + or - is a baby game. Later on, you don't know who's who and mentality and... I'm not going to buy /sell names @NPs bc I can't "believe" (let the trust alone) in a "positive" or "deserved negation". Simple... oh and there's more to come...Hate virus. Just watch.

Regards
This message is a courtesy to let you know that I clicked the thumbs down button on your post. I want to save you from the mental anguish of having to wonder who it was. I hope this helps you immensely. <3

•••
This message is a courtesy to let you know that I clicked the thumbs down button on your post. I want to save you from the mental anguish of having to wonder who it was. I hope this helps you immensely. <3

LMAO

Legend!

Thanks!

...going to report one more sale .. just to recover ..hard times.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
I don't downvote different views. Because I need different views for my own evolution.

I voted "Not at all. I'm open to different viewpoints"

•••
You’re really getting upset over fake internet points?
🧠 You've apparently misinterpreted the thread. The "impact of downvotes", in what many consider an educational forum, is the focus. Excessive downvoting interferes with the interpretation of content. Considering we live in an age where many people make decisions based on ratings, comments and reviews, it seems rather irresponsible for NamePros to allow downvotes to be weaponized by its users.

⚔️ NamePros is becoming a platform where votes sculpt the narrative before a thread can be read with an open mind. That's very problematic. This thread isn't about "getting upset over fake internet points". It's a nudge for NamePros leadership to keep the platform a neutral ground for learning to occur and viewpoints to be cultivated. Nothing more. Nothing less. The points may be fake but the impact is real.

👤Mel
QUAD Domains

•••
I don't downvote different views. Because I need different views for my own evolution.

I voted "Not at all. I'm open to different viewpoints"

👏 Thank you for referencing evolution. That's the point. NamePros is supposed to be a resource investors, both new and seasoned, can leverage to evolve for the better. Not a place where toxicity of any sort is tolerated/encouraged.

🤦 Some of the comments are suggesting the thread is about not being able to deal with downvotes. In reality, this isn't the case whatsoever. They're missing the entire point.

👎 If NamePros is going to be an industry classroom, teachers and students shouldn't be able to downvote one another. (At least not anonymously.) Is there downvoting over at DNAcademy? Likely not. It would distract.

⌛ At some point NamePros
will be forced to evolve. If it doesn't, it'll become a relic remembered by a few who care to acknowledge it. The goal here is to help them avoid such a fate.

👤Mel
QUAD Domains

Last edited:
•••
You are the exception, not the rule.

Not everyone has your class, @Peak.Domains.

Also, this message is a courtesy to let you know i neutralized your non-anonymous -1 on @Lox with plenty of positives XD. Please, still disclose the other sale, @Lox, I really love those. (And the community does, too :))

Last edited:
•••
Anonymous downvotes are the worst.
it’s the principle: i’m a lover, not an anon hater.

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Please, still disclose the other sale

Waiting for one buyer to say OK (if). 6 fig. domain. ... hope this report will accumulate enough upvote for a month-two before downvote ...yummy... everything

Regards

•••
Waiting for one buyer to say OK (if). 6 fig. domain. ... hope this report will accumulate enough upvote for a month-two before downvote ...yummy... everything

Regards
If the buyer refuses you permission, it’s OK!!
I won’t be offended.
You’re the best, @Lox

Last edited:
•••
LIKE , DISLIKE , THANKS , DISAGREE & AGREE
MUST BE ONLY OPTIONS

THIS TYPE OF UPVOTE OR DOWNVOTE MUST BE END

WE ARE NOT HERE AT Alcoholic Anonymous

Last edited:
•••
The constant crying over an anonymous thumbs down is unreal. Some people really need to grow up. If someone is so fragile that they can't handle an anonymous thumbs down, they shouldn't be on the internet. Someone didn't like your post, who cares? What does knowing their username do for you? The insecurity over a thumbs down is unreal.

How many more threads until we can wipe the tears and move on?

Translation to make sure everyone can understand: GOOGOO GAA GAA WAAAH WAHAAAHHHH :( :( :( THUMBS DOWN WAHHHH :(

Oh my god I got a thumbs down, MODS HELP! HELP ME MODS! A random person on the planet didn't like my post! HELPPP MEEEEE I NEED TO KNOW WHO THEY AREEEE :( :( :(

@Peak.Domains
about making fun of those that complain about anonymous downvoting, depicting them as snowflakes i.e. weak characters, I was thinking, let's say, hypothetically, from now on each of your posts on this forum would be reacted on by multiple anonymous comments surmising, in different ways, that you are a troll :xf.smile:
After 6 months, wouldn't it start affecting your way to participate in this forum?
Who knows!

Btw, I'm not an expert in this field, but AFAIK the authors of posts like yours correspond to what the social media community calls keyboard warriors
"A keyboard warrior is a person who posts aggressive or controversial opinions online, typically while remaining anonymous. The term is used in a mocking manner to call out people who think they are "warriors" for sharing hurtful and offensive opinions online by typing on a keyboard but would not dare say those things in person."

•••
@Peter45

I encourage every single person upset about downvotes, to downvote every single post I make for the rest of the year. Let's see if I can handle the absolute torture!!! Follow me around, give me the anonymous downvotes, I want it. Hurt me with your downvotes.

My prediction is that I literally won't care at all but who knows, maybe I'll be asking to borrow someone's tissue to wipe my tears.

Do people actually go back to look at their old posts to see how many up/down votes they've gotten?

Let's see if we can get this post to -50! Teamwork! Let's do it!

Last edited:
•••
Right on all counts Peak it's just perception is often mistaken for fact by people looking for a quick affirmation for "right" solutions, and downvotes or even upvotes can be mistaken as such.

Many take time to post an intuitive response and the anonymous voting can really make seem as if it was all for naught.

I have mentioned this before, Namepros isn't a place like Stack OverFlow where upvotes and downvotes really can determine the right answer, not sure why this isn't being addressed. Namepros is a community of experiences and opinions, anonymous voting should be regulated.

•••
I will concede on one thing, one person being able to downvote the same post multiple times is probably a bit overkill haha.

I'm -1 on my previous post. Just checked my vitals, I'm still okay. Body temp is good, pulse is fine, could use a little more hydration, mood is stable, vision is clear. I'm hanging in there, thankfully, for now. Let's try -10, maybe that's when it starts to get dicey.

Just use it as a rough temperature gauge, it's not the be all/end all. Like when the new Epik account started posting and their posts are like -100, it just gives you a perception of where the community stands.

People can upvote, they can downvote, none of it is gospel, none of it effects your credit score, don't take it to the bank, but it does give you a rough idea of the overall momentum of a post in a community which has value. I don't think it's bad for people to to say "I don't like this post" without having to worry about some psychotic freak trying to retaliate on them or w/e, just take it for what it's worth and don't let it get to you and we'll be okay, pals <3

Sometimes you wanna say "Wow, what a bad post" without having to get into a big back and forth. I welcome everyone who disagrees to downvote me if you don't like my post - that's a perfect use of the feature, I already know I don't have the popular opinion in this thread.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I believe in freedom instead of needless over-regulation of speech to protect people's feelings. Downvoting is speech.

Edit: Alop dislikes freedom :(

Last edited:
•••
I believe in freedom instead of needless over-regulation of speech to protect people's feelings. Downvoting is speech.

Edit: Alop dislikes freedom :(

just because you urgently had to go back to anonymously downvote my posts I have no problem with that

Fan is a fan

😎

•••
@Alop I may not always agree with you, but I will always defend your right to advocate for greater restrictions on free speech <3

Big fan btw!

Update: I'm at about -22 in this thread so far, wow, you guys are right, this really hurts. I feel awful. I've lost all my self-confidence, I'm filled with self-doubt, and it just feels so, so terrible.

I want to cry :( The anonymous downvotes are worse than I thought they would be, please stop!! WE NEED TO BAN THEM!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!! I DONT WANT TO FEEL LIKE THIS ANYMORE :( :( :( :(

I think there is a conspiracy against me, it's the only explanation.

PLEASE BAN DOWNVOTES SO THAT I CAN FEEL GOOD AGAIN :(

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back