Dynadot

What think beginners about anonymous downvoting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Peter45

Established Member
Impact
Hi fellow beginners,
there has been some discussion going on for some time now about the tool called anonymous downvoting - e.g. in this thread - but unfortunately there are no beginners participating in it.

That’s strange given that a) people with > 1000 Impact Score usually don’t care about downvotes, their IS being too high to get hurt by that and b) downvoting trolls don’t target them as they know they can’t hurt them. Their fun lies rather in targeting people with low IS, people vulnerable like you. I reported an instance for that in this posting #133

To be clear, I'm talking about this tool

1.png

I'm not talking about this one

2.png

For those who are afraid that criticizing this tool could put you in a bad light: almost all moderators have promised not to come after you if you speak out against this tool :-D

Or maybe you keep back because you are afraid of being made fun of like in this posting, in which case don't forget the old saying
Only a ***** wouldn't care about people saying that he is a troll within the community he's trying to interact with.

I have made my opinion on this issue abundantly clear - taking some risks... - in this posting #130
Now it's your turn to speak out
and don't forget to participate in this poll

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Mods,

I had created and put this thread in the Domain Beginners section of the forum because it was meant for beginners,
and in the opening post I explained also why:
a) people with > 1000 Impact Score usually don’t care about downvotes, their IS being too high to get hurt by that and
b) downvoting **** don’t target them as they know they can’t hurt them. Their fun lies rather in targeting people with low IS, people vulnerable like you.

Now you have moved it here.

This is not criticism, I'm sure you had your reasons to take this thread out of the Domain Beginners section, but in here this thread doesn't make sense because a) the Help Desk section contains already threads about the anonymous downvoting issue, so in here this thread looks just like a stupid duplicate thread, and b) beginners look into this Help Desk section much less than into the Domain Beginners section, the forum section dedicated to them, so their participation here will be very limited.

So I'm just telling you that this thread here doesn't make sense and is going to die quite quickly.

Since there is my nickname on it and no indication of whose decision it was to put this thread here this move is making me look stupid, so given that it's verboten for this thread to appear in the Domain Beginners section it makes sense to cancel it.

On a side note, since moderator Paul rightly stresses the importance of transparency it would be consequential for you to indicate the reason of the move and which Mod took this decision.

Sincerely thanks for your service
Paul

•••
Last edited:
•••
If I were a beginner bombarded with anonymous downvotes for simply posting something naive (as is what often happens), then I don't think I'd be staying around long. Not very welcoming.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back