IT.COM

NameJet Prerelease Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

I had a question regarding how the prerelease for NameJet works. So if you are the high bidder for the Pre-release domain name do you win it? Or does it go into another auction with just the bidders?

Thank you! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Goes into an auction (3 days).

However, even if you are the winner, the original owner can still renew, or, if it's a hot domain, the registrar may warehouse it.

This is against ICANN rules, but that doesn't seem to matter because ICANN is a toothless wonder.

:)

Message here: Namejet is dicey, and one ought to bid with care.

BTW, the pre-auction bid is NOT a proxy bid, so bidding high gets you no special advantage, and should you win (or be the only bidder), you will pay your opening bid. It's best to bid the minimum bid of $69.00 and then decide later if you wish to up your bid.

•••
Hmm I would think that maybe if you had a higher bid for the backorder then it might make people less attracted to the domain because that's a signal that there is a lot of competition for it and will be hard to obtain. Unfortunately for me, there is already 29 other bids on it. =\ Thanks for the answer by the way! Helped me a ton! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back