Dynadot

debate Namejet Backorder price

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello folks, i've just noticed that the price for a backorder on Namejet is dropped to 39$.
Pre release price is still 69$ for start.

Anyone have some info about this?
i don't have read noting in their last newsletter.
So it is just a limited time offer? anything other is changed?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also see them listed at $39, but don't know if this is a "limited time offer" sort of thing or not. Have you tried sending them an email to see? I'd be curious what their answer is..

•••
LOL i just got this mail from NJ newsletter:

$39 Minimum Bids on Pending Delete Names!
For a limited time, NameJet has lowered the minimum bid for Pending Delete (Dropping) Domain Names to $39!

By lowering this price, we are providing our customers with a great opportunity to catch some fantastic names at a bargain. Combine this with the fact that we have masked the backorder information for domains with less than 3 backorders, our customers now have a chance to find some hidden gems in the drop and get them for a great price!

This change is live on the NameJet website now and will be effective for domains dropping as early as tomorrow, Oct. 15, 2015. For clarification, existing bids will not be lowered, but all new backorders on Pending Delete domains may be placed with a $39 minimum bid which will be accepted for all domains in the drop until otherwise notified. How long we will run this promotion is undetermined, so take advantage of this opportunity now!

And thank you for choosing NameJet!

•••
Discounts are always good news, but who thinks a $20 difference will change their mind for any names they've been watching? (Genuine question, wasn't trying to sound judgmental).

I just think if $20 is making your decision easier, the name probably isn't worth that much.

•••
About time someone did that .

•••
I like the price decrease and this point;

Combine this with the fact that we have masked the backorder information for domains with less than 3 backorders,

Good news when you consider that Pheenix just went the other direction with public auctions.

•••
Discounts are always good news, but who thinks a $20 difference will change their mind for any names they've beenminimumtching? (Genuine question, wasn't trying to sound judgmental).

I just think if $20 is making your decision easier, the name probably isn't worth that much.

Well your question is correct for top names but personally sometimes I use pheenix because they are cheaper. I also know people that try the backorder for the minimum price. They give up if there are other bidders, so if it possible to save.. Why not? :)

•••
Happy to see it. Maybe more competition now but w.e. Lower price is always better.

•••
I think it is due to Chines premium domain names.....

for some domains including .4l.net, 6n or 6n.com, the $69 can be higher than other drop-catch places charge....

•••
I think it is due to Chines premium domain names.....

for some domains including .4l.net, 6n or 6n.com, the $69 can be higher than other drop-catch places charge....
i totally agree!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back