Namecheap Registry Troubles

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CrazyTech

Wordpress & Web Hosting GuyVIP Member
Impact
For all you Namecheap users out there:

Registry Connectivity Issues
We are currently experiencing "Connectivity" issues with the Registry. If you register/renew a domain and receive a "Failure" please do not attempt to register/renew again, we will manually register renew the domain for you and place into your account. Our developers are working on resolving this issue as soon as possilbe. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue may be causin you. Sincerely, Namecheap.com Support Team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SwampFox said:
For all you Namecheap users out there:

late last night thier website was down , i hop it is not going to be for a while , bad situation ...specialy ppl who have many domains registred , but what ever happend i think enom got the records and it is the real registrar ,

i hop every thing goes smooth

Tv

•••
I noticed it yesterday as well. Thought I was going to miss out on a name but I was able to get it.

•••
The failure registration problem has happened before, but was smoothly sorted out by NC within 24 hours. NC still the registrar of choice IMHO.

•••
namecheap has great customer support..so i wont' worry about what happens..they fix it fast. four domains hosted bought there :hehe:

•••
ya, there customer service is awesome

•••
NC rocks. I had that problem once before, and they fixed it within a few hours, and followed up with a personal email. It blows my mind that people are so devoted to lesser companies. Bikini-clad girls in TV ads are nice, but that won't make me buy your product again.

•••
Alot of sites were down yesterday inc mine due to a power cut at the d/c

•••
whatever, any reliable site will not go offline, like anyone see yahoo is offline ?, not possible... namecheap should have great backup systems.

•••
I just registered 2 domain names there no problems at all.

•••
Cheapquality said:
whatever, any reliable site will not go offline, like anyone see yahoo is offline ?, not possible... namecheap should have great backup systems.
Even google has gone offline... it's not impossible, it's just that it's so rare few people notice, and its for a very short duration.

I've heard plenty of good things about NC, I'm sure they will sort it out.

•••
Yeah, but when google go offline its on CNN :D

•••
I have 26 domains at namecheap, and i am happy using namecheap as my main domain provider. I have 1 at domainsite, 6 at godaddy and 6 at registerfly. As soon as 60 days are up, they are all going to namecheap. All these registars are like n00bs.... Godaddy... pfff, their telephone support stinks. They were telling me it was my fault that there site didnt change my nameservers on a ccTLD recently transfered... and when i did change the 2 top boxes, they showed 4 nameservers (the old and the new ones). They also blamed this on me. I explained i did exactly what they said... Ignorant bastards...

Registerfly... pff, so buggy too.

NameCheap.. I have had 1 problem with them, reging .cn domains with them. They fixed the problem within a week, which i think is good cos the .cn registry is huge and annoying...

Robert

•••
This isn't the first time NameCheap has had registry connectivity problems and server problems. It happens occasionally and there's nothing from past experience with these problems to worry about.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back