Dynadot

NameCheap - One day only -- Transfers are just $3.98 / .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Namecheap is offering a $3.98 domain transfer day.
The day is February 2, and part of the money goes to: https://www.eff.org/
Source: Link

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1 year renewal included on transfer to namecheap at $3.98?

•••
Awesome, thanks for the update.

I didn't see a price in their post but that's the same price it is every year.

Thanks for the heads-up.

•••
1 year renewal included on transfer to namecheap at $3.98?
Yes, as long as it's the same as every year then they will add a year.

Cheers :)

•••
•••
•••
i contacted with namecheap customer support about " domain limits ".
They said me " 50 domains " limit.

You can transfer only 50 domains

•••
i contacted with namecheap customer support about " domain limits ".
They said me " 50 domains " limit.

You can transfer only 50 domains
Yes, that's their standard limit for specials like this one.

•••
i will transfer 50 domains from godaddy and hostgator
Anyway 1 year will add to my domains. Good save for me.

•••
Only 50 domains?! If they offer unlimited transfers, I would move > 1000 names.

Last edited:
•••

contact with them. Maybe they will have a special offer for 1000 domains.
You can try.

•••
I think 50 is a nice limit. :)

•••
If they offered unlimited transfers they would go out of business fast - let's not be unreasonable. I think even 50 is very generous...
They are on my s**t list currently (crappy service and a horrible interface) but I'm cheap so $250+ less for renewals is always welcomed.

•••
If they offered unlimited transfers they would go out of business fast - let's not be unreasonable. I think even 50 is very generous...
They are on my s**t list currently (crappy service and a horrible interface) but I'm cheap so $250+ less for renewals is always welcomed.

What's your username with us again so we can block it from this promo?

Ha ha, just kidding, you're welcome to transfer your domains and hopefully we'll change your mind again. We've got some great control panel changes coming up.

•••
Thanks, look forward to the 2nd :)

•••
What's your username with us again so we can block it from this promo?

Ha ha, just kidding, you're welcome to transfer your domains and hopefully we'll change your mind again. We've got some great control panel changes coming up.
How about first you fix email forwarding for whoisguard - it doesn't work, it's been broken since November I think. People are missing many offers that go through mail.

Also fix that crappy interface - for example have you ever tried to push 100 names. One by one. It took me over an hour - without any breaks.
That's only one of MANY things that are wrong with that redesign - I'm too lazy to write all of them.
Trying to manage more than a handful of names is a true torture - and I'm not even exaggerating.

•••
we are
How about first you fix email forwarding for whoisguard - it doesn't work, it's been broken since November I think. People are missing many offers that go through mail.

Also fix that crappy interface - for example have you ever tried to push 100 names. One by one. It took me over an hour - without any breaks.
That's only one of MANY things that are wrong with that redesign - I'm too lazy to write all of them.
Trying to manage more than a handful of names is a true torture - and I'm not even exaggerating.

The WG does in fact forward, maybe your emails are been filtered at the isp level? If you email Nata at Name Cheap dot com she will help and try to pinpoint your issue for you.

I do understand the issue with bulk pushes and I am personally working the bulk tool enhancements so they will get better and easier.

Look for those changes soon.

Last edited:
•••
The WG does in fact forward, maybe your emails are been filtered at the isp level?
Ah, OK, you are right - I tested it again and it's working now - but back in January (or maybe it was December) for over a week (regardless where the email came from) I would get bounceback with an error "host foundrymx.whoisguard.com[208.116.59.242] said: 451 The server is too busy, please try again later (in reply to RCPT TO command)"

I do understand the issue with bulk pushes and I am personally working the bulk tool enhancements so they will get better and easier.
Good to know. I think I would like to see more info e.g. namesevers right on the domain list and some kind of export so I don't have to click on each and every name to check settings.
And you really need to remove names that were already transfered out or pushed to someone else (they are still showing in my acc for whatever reason)
And better searching (e.g. find names with ns1.xxxx.com nameservers)

•••
enertwork, should the transfer go in one round (one order) or is it ok to order in, say, 3 rounds and take advantage of the great price with each order?

Like I mean order #1 has 15 names, order #2 15 names and order #3 20 names - will the price be $3.98 for all orders?

•••
enertwork, should the transfer go in one round (one order) or is it ok to order in, say, 3 rounds and take advantage of the great price with each order?

Like I mean order #1 has 15 names, order #2 15 names and order #3 20 names - will the price be $3.98 for all orders?

Multiple orders is ok.

•••
Sounds good.

The new interface... it needs to be changed. If one chooses to view "all" domains, it appears as though all is showing by the looks of the scroll, but in fact does not. When you try to scroll further down, the rest of the domains does not show, and one has to wait for the javascript to to work-which takes a while.

I preferred the old interface to the current one- was easier to use.

•••
And on top of that, domains transferred out months ago still show up when logged into Namecheap!?!?!

Still ...a great once a year offering and I too will make sure to transfer 50 . . .

•••
contact with them. Maybe they will have a special offer for 1000 domains.
You can try.

lol
no they will not offer you special deals.
maybe other registrars for bulk tansfers. but you will never get it from namecheap. they are just.. well.. too cheap for it.

now the fun part:

I emailed 5 different people at namecheap .. not yoru regular csrs but actual floor mangers.. I have all the russian names to prove it..

they all said same thign about this promo.. here is one of their replies from 1 day ago:

Thank you for getting back to us.

to our deepest regret, we will not be able to provide you with the exact amounts of domains, that can be transferred to us during 'MoveYourDomainDay' promo. Our Promo will be valid till the Supply lasts. We are also not aware whether these details will be indicated anywhere, to our regret.

We are only aware that there will be a limit of domains set for 1 customer, however, the exact limit is not revealed yet, that is why, we will not be able to tell you this for sure, unfortunately.

•••
No new reply in this thread on the big day?, I hope you guys did not forgot about this offer.

•••
Was going to post this, I'm going to transfer the 50 limit for $199 total, the only downfall is managing three registrar accounts. I'm transferring all out of Dynadot. I'll save 4 per domain over transferring to Godaddy with DDC and $4.75 for each domain if renewed at Dynadot

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back