IT.COM

discuss Namecheap different prices !!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lovely4ever

Top Member
Impact
Today by coincidence i found that when i search about one of my domains at namecheap registrar search , i found it cheaper than the price listed at afternic and appearing at godaddy !!

Below screenshot of domain i priced it at afternic for $1250 and at godaddy search it shows the same $ 1250 , but at namecheap the price shows $1215 !!! $35 cheaper at namecheap why !!?? it is around %0.03 discounted !!!

I tried other domain that i listed for $1988 at afternic and at godaddy search result the same price $1988 , but at namecheap the price is $1930 !! $58 cheaper at namecheap !!! ??

All i know is that registrar partners with afternic usually increase the price to make some profit , but not reducing like namecheap !!!

is this a strategy done by namecheap to attract customers by reducing the prices and accept some loses to increase registrants !!!!

i am just confused !! anybody have answer to this !!?

Note : both domains registered at godaddy .

Godaddy
👇
1679184001193.png

Namecheap
👇
1679184172631.png

----------------------------------------------------
Godaddy
👇
1679184449141.png

Namecheap
👇

1679184594434.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
now i tried a domain belong to @AbdulBasit.com and he listed it at at afternic for $100,000 .
at godaddy result same $100,000 .

at namecheap $97,000 !! $3000 discount !! lol

1679188630332.png

1679188733885.png

1679188818326.png

•••
•••
Cause NameCheap is awesome, my friend :)

•••
•••
Today by coincidence i found that when i search about one of my domains at namecheap registrar search , i found it cheaper than the price listed at afternic and appearing at godaddy !!

Below screenshot of domain i priced it at afternic for $1250 and at godaddy search it shows the same $ 1250 , but at namecheap the price shows $1215 !!! $35 cheaper at namecheap why !!?? it is around %0.03 discounted !!!

I tried other domain that i listed for $1988 at afternic and at godaddy search result the same price $1988 , but at namecheap the price is $1930 !! $58 cheaper at namecheap !!! ??

All i know is that registrar partners with afternic usually increase the price to make some profit , but not reducing like namecheap !!!

is this a strategy done by namecheap to attract customers by reducing the prices and accept some loses to increase registrants !!!!

i am just confused !! anybody have answer to this !!?

Note : both domains registered at godaddy .

Godaddy
👇
Show attachment 234131

Namecheap
👇
Show attachment 234133

Godaddy
👇
Show attachment 234134

Namecheap
👇

Show attachment 234135

you've been domaining for years and you are only noticing this now?

•••
you've been domaining for years and you are only noticing this now?
i've never used namecheap registrar before , just recently i tried it .

•••
i've never used namecheap registrar before , just recently i tried it .
i was wondering why you never came across this before. they've been at it for years. some names they do it some names they don't.

•••
It's a long story.
Previously namecheap has been showing afternic listings with a 3% marked down.All was well. So many buyers bought at namecheap and it was the second largest.
Afternic has came up with a new policy that their partner resellers shouldnt marked down the price due to transparency. But they can marked up the price.(Funny).
So Namecheap stopped showing marked down prices and giving importance to Sedo listings.
Because, Sedo allowed namecheap to mark down their listings by 3%.
SO if you list a domain in sedo and afternic, Your sedo listing will be shown at namecheap with a marked down price.
If you dont list it in sedo, your afternic price will be shown without any marked down.
IMHO, Just godaddy wanted to keep many end users with them and just created this mess with namecheap.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Namechep was always playing with afternic prices. At some point of time, they increased prices, later they started to decrecase prices.
But... isn't it fascinating? New (current) afternic t&c do prevent us the domainers from actively marketing OUR BIN domains cheaper, on own or 3rd party landers hosted outside GD ecosystem, but the registrars are still allowed do so! How logical it is?

@James Iles

•••
the key is the seller receives the same amount of money in both cases.

•••
ScooterRentals for 100k, Abdul must have a guardian angel because in 25 years, thousands of domains later, I never sold a name with such search numbers for a number like that :) GG, for real.

•••
Thanks for sharing. If you hadn't shared it, I wouldn't have known about it until today. 🤣
But usually, if I buy a name from the aftermarket, I usually buy it from afternic.

•••
Cause NameCheap is awesome, my friend :)
I also got some Premium domain deals @ Namecheap 50% off in the month of March. I got names like Divorce.link and Roulette.link for $206.50 and names like Lenders.link for just $79. You're right, NameCheap is awesome:xf.wink:

•••
@ThatNameGuy Have you ever sold any .link name or hold them for afterlife? 😁

Last edited:
•••
@ThatNameGuy Have you ever sold any .link name or hold them for afterlife? 😁
Oh ye of little faith....i've turned down insulting offers, but until such time .LINK goes viral I'm still adding to my portfolio. Patience is a virtue and as such I'm looking to add patience.link that I could have registered @ Namecheap for $79 just a week ago, but unfortunately it's $159 today:xf.cry: However, keeping with the theme of this thread Namecheaps price is still better than the same domains at other registries.

Speaking of "afterlive" paethon, i do own Heavens:xf.wink:link

•••
Back