IT.COM

Namecheap.com expected time to register a domain : +17min

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
I do not know if this happens to you, but since more than one week, register a domain in Namecheap is an annoying task, I can not register a .TOP, and some .com appears as registered,when in fact it is free. But the solution is even more annoying considering that the support level 1 takes up to 10 minutes to send to support level 2 for a total time of 17 minutes to register a domain name, so every time I have to explain the same situation.

Very bad Namecheap you have fallen from 10 to a dangerous 6.

At the end i will have to find another solution or make the trip for each new registration.

At the end of this, i found a new .,top.. so, here we go again.

00:43Your Question: I can not register .top, can you register eegw.top for me, with my found ? Pin :**** username : ****
00:43Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.

00:44You are now chatting with ***** (Domain CS) - Domains Support

00:44Dharani M.: Hello Maikel, you've contacted Live Support! Please give me a minute to look through the question you asked.

00:45AGENT: Could you please specify whether you receive any error while trying to register eegw.top domain?

00:46Maikel M: is an erro with a namecheap coupons. Please, this happens always, and always have to explain the same for every .top domain

00:47Maikel M: can you just sendme to level 2 for helpme to buy the domain

00:47AGENT.: I am sorry for any possible inconvenience. Please hold on for a few minute.

00:47Maikel M: yes

00:51AGENT: As for the monthly coupons, you can use it to register only for .com, .biz, .net, .org, and .info. To my regret, we cannot use it to register for .top domain.

00:51AGENT.: Could you please remove the coupon and try to register and let me know if you face any issue so that we can proceed further?

00:51Maikel M: i dont use any coupon, namecheap put that coupon automatically, i can not deleted that coupon

00:52Maikel M: If remove the coupon i get " ITEM REMOVED SUCCESSFULLY"

00:52AGENT: Thanks, please hold on I am checking it with the L2 representative.

00:53AGENT: Thank you for letting me know. Please hold on.

00:56AGENT.: I am sorry for any possible inconvenience. Per our check, the promo price is added automatically indeed, and you may try registering from
this https://www.namecheap.com/promos/2016/crazy-88.aspx

00:56AGENT: Please let me know if you face any issue further.

00:57Maikel M: 1s plz

00:58Maikel M: same result : Unable to validate usage of the coupon code.

00:59Maikel M: i have two domain in my cart : eegw.top and ssiq.top

00:59Maikel M: can you register for me plz

00:59AGENT.: Please hold on, I am checking it.

01:02AGENT.: Please hold on, I am transferring the chat to L2 representative to register the domains manually.

01:02Maikel M: amazing, tis are my two las domain in namecheap.

01:03AGENT.: Attempting to transfer the chat to "LEVEL 2 AGENT"

01:04LEVEL 2 AGENT.: Hello, I will assist you further. Would you please allow me a few minutes to look through your previous conversation?

01:05Maikel M: i was register the domain in dynadot, you take, too much time for take help.

TOTAL TIME : 16MIN

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They fallen really low for the last couple of years. I'm moving all my domains from them, only a handful are still there waiting for their renewal/drop date...

•••
They fallen really low for the last couple of years. I'm moving all my domains from them, only a handful are still there waiting for their renewal/drop date...
Where did you go ?

•••
•••
It's just not NameCheap. There was an issue with the backend registrar of many domain registration sites like Dotster and domain dot com too. I faced same issue with them yesterday. When the available domaim names were showing already registered. I contact their support and they register those domains for me in few minutes. They are aware about this issue. Seems like the sites who using PDR as backend registrar are more effected.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back