NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
**** Auction is now over and thread will be closed once the transaction(s) are complete. ****
If you are the winning bidder in this auction you will have your choice of any one of the following domain names (current registrar, expiry date).
  • NamesAbout.com (Dynadot, Apr 30, 2020)
  • NamePow.com (NameSilo, March 3, 2020)
  • naming.games (Name(.)com, Feb 3, 2020)
  • named.best (Dynadot, Mar 3, 2020)
If desired, you also have the option of instead acquiring
  • any two of the domain names at a total price of 1.5x the final bid,
  • any three names at a total price of 1.75x the winning bid, or
  • take all four names for 2x the winning bid.
For example if your winning bid was $22 you could choose any one domain for that, or any two names for $33 total, any three for $38.50 or all four names for $44 total payment.

Auction Details:
Auction Start: $1
Auction Increment: $1
Auction End: 96 hr after last bid or when BIN paid
BIN: $18 (reduced)

See notes at bottom about each name and comparators.

Renewal Rates at Current Registrars (lowest transfer to major registrar)
  • Dynadot .com $8.99 ($7.49)
  • NameSilo .com $8.99 ($7.49)
  • Name/com .games $21.99 ($13.99)
  • Dynadot .best $18.99 ($16.79)
The new gTLDs in group are not premium renewal. Note I have not assumed any discount coupons or unknown registrars in minimum transfer.

Terms: PayPal; Auth Code or Push (can be mix, for example if you choose to buy all four, one could be push and three auth code).

Possible Bonus to Second Place Bidder:
If the winner does not take all of the names, the second place bidder can at their option take any one remaining name at the price of their second place bid or as many names as remain at 1.5x their bid. For example, if the winning bid was $22 and second place $18, and the winner just took one name, the second place bid would have the option of any one of the remaining names for $18, or all three remaining for $27. This is of course totally optional.

Promotion/Marketplace: I have not promoted any of these during the time I have owned them (note that NamePow I purchased on NamePros so can’t speak about prior to my purchase). None have been submitted by me to a brandable marketplace.

Notes and Possible Comparators:

NamesAbout.com:
Memorable combination of two simple words would work for branding/naming business, name reference site, etc. Some possible comparator domain name sales (all in .com) are HeardAbout ($1895), WorkAbout ($800), ReadAbout ($400), LoungeAbout ($2788), TownAbout ($2388) and NamesShops ($2500).

NamePow.com:
The exclamation term pow makes this a catchy alternative for a name or brand business, marketing, name game show or game. Some possible comparator sales (all in .com) include NameNow ($1250), NameFit ($2200), NameQuick ($3300), NameSpot ($2600), ShamPow ($4999) and TubePow ($2005). NameWorth suggests over $9000 as worth of this domain name to an end user.

naming.games:
Great name for app name business, reference site on names, etc. Among this year’s sales in .games extension are free.games ($335,000); bingo.games ($3169), and used.games ($2888). The Estibot valuation of naming.games is $1000. Word naming is registered in 99 TLDs.

named.best:
Powerful domain name phrase for a branding/naming company, corporate name search services, or for a blogger, writer or reference site on names. The Estibot valuation of named.best is just over $900. The.Best social network is about to launch, bringing more visibility to extension. Registrations have grown from a few thousand to more than 45,000 in the extension during the past year. Word named is registered in 67 TLDs.

Happy bidding! :xf.smile: Did I make the terms of this auction complex enough? :xf.wink:

Bob

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Thank you for your bids! Current high bidder is @simran.net at $2.

Next bid is just $3 for your choice of any one of the four domain names NamePow.com, NamesAbout.com, naming.games and names.best

•••
•••
•••
Thank you for the bid of $10, @dninspire :xf.smile:. You are now the high bidder.

So the next bid is $11 or more.

Remember the winner gets the choice of and one domain, but also the option to pay slightly more and get 2, 3 or 4 domains.

Bob

•••
Remember if you win this auction as well as taking your choice of the four domain names at the winning bid you can for twice that amount take all four. A chance to get two .com as well as single word .games, .best domain names. Also options to take 2 or 3 of the names.

next bid is $11 or more

•••
Check out the comparators in the notes at the bottom of the originsl post.

Next bid is just $11 and as well as giving your choice of any one name in group, also option to get others at great price.

I will soon add a BIN.

•••
•••
Thank you very much for the bid, @Haroon Basha! :xf.smile:

So next bid is $12. If win at that bid price, gives a choice of any one of the four domains.
(or $18 for any two, $21 for any three, $24 for all four)

Also, should the winner not buy all four, the second place has options to buy remaining name(s).

•••
Next bid is $12. That gives choice of any one domain (or double that gives you the option of all four domain names - see options above).

Update: I have added a BIN of $28 (that is for your choice of any one domain name, or $56 for all four)

•••
Next bid $12 or BIN $28 gives you your choice of any one of the domain names in group.
For double that can take all four of the domains in the package.

•••
I have reduced the BIN to $22
(gives you the choice of any one, or $33 any two, $38.50 any three or $44 for all four domains in group)

•••
•••
Thank you all for the bids!
The next bid is $13, or BIN $22

•••
A .com or a new gTLD, the choice is yours if you win the auction!
Or if you want to pay 1.5x, 1.75x or 2x the winning bid, you can have 2,3 or all 4 names.
The chance to instantly have a name niche mini portfolio.

Next bid is only $13 (or BIN only $22).

Note that should the winner not purchase all four, being the second highest bidder when auction ends gives you an option.

Bob

•••
If anyone wants to end the auction, I have reduced the BIN to $19

Not far above the next bid which is $13.

•••
•••
Auction will close on Sunday (96 hr after last bid) if not new bids.

Next bid is $13. BIN is only $18.

Bob

•••
Next bid is $13 or auction ends tomorrow.
BIN is $18

•••
Since the auction was listed to end 96 hr after last bid my interpretation is that we have now reached that and the auction is over. The winner is @Nerob Tuner at a bid of $12. I will be in touch by DM about which domain name(s) he selects according to the terms of the auction.

Should he not select the option to buy all of the domain names, I will then be in touch with the second place bidder @Haroon Basha to give the option to buy remaining names if he wishes as per the terms of the auction.

After all transactions are complete, I will close and sanitize this auction thread.

Thank you to all for bidding, and congratulations to the winner!

Bob

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back