Domain Empire

Name Jet transfer question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamesMax

Top Member
Impact
I made my first purchase from Name Jet this month. I purchased 19 names between Feb 2 and Feb 13. They were from the same seller. They were paid immediately and were to be pushed to my account at Name.com.

I have not received 1 name into my account yet. Name Jet's replies to my emails have varied:

1. "Thank you for providing the account code - the transfer should complete within the next few days."
2. "The seller has indicated that they will be transferred within 24 hours."
3. "We will deliver these as soon as the seller has transferred. Since these are provisioned at Name.com as opposed to Enom, the automated provisioning process is not in place so all of the .ws domains must be transferred manually."

My question: Is this sort of thing normal with Name Jet? Or does it sound like a seller who does not want to complete the sale? They were all no reserve and most of them did not go above minimum.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How did you get your NJ purchases at Name.com ? They should be coming to Enom(central)

•••
That was where it was listed as being held at and would be pushed to.. I didn't ask for anything special.

•••
•••
@AbdulBasit.com Thank you for sharing your experience. It is feeling to me that this seller is trying to back out since the price was low, but I can't get NJ to say that.

•••
@AbdulBasit.com Thank you for sharing your experience. It is feeling to me that this seller is trying to back out since the price was low, but I can't get NJ to say that.

Most probably the chances are that seller is backing out as it happened in my case but NJ should come up and clear it up. PM me if you want the contacts of GM and other relevant person to get in touch and resolve it quickly.

•••
I won a domain from namejet also from a private seller who is a member here, I emailed namejet after a week of no transfer, they said it would be coming,then a week later they said they are cancelling it due to the fact their TOS allow for such a thing.

So I emailed the owner of it who was advertising it here at namepros. I asked him whats the deal, he said it was stolen from his account at godaddy, the domain at that point still resided at godaddy, so I am like ok what is the issue here? Report it, and they recover it. So about 3 weeks later I saw the domain move to a someone with about 400 decent names in Europe. I emailed him, and he said he bought it thru the godaddy auction platform, without issue, he had no idea it was stolen or what not. This party is reselling the domain, or put it back up for sale.

So then I email the seller here again, and ask him what the deal is, and if I should warn the community about the domain being resold, as you are claiming it was stolen. They told me not to warn the community, and just see what happens with it???

Doesn't make sense to me, but go figure. It was a Blockchain keyword domain, so maybe the first owner put it on namejet, during which time things were hot in the crypto world, caught another offer? Nothing seems to add up, nor does the reason why the original owner doesn't want to warn the community a domain that has been resold, and the new owner has no clue it's stolen, is reselling it?

If it is indeed stolen, the last person holding it is going to get screwed. Why the person reporting it stolen doesn't want to warn the community, maybe somebody else can clue me in, because I can't figure out why.

I have given this person every respect in terms of dealing with it, or answering my questions, but they are vague, I really think the word should be out there so somebody doesn't buy it, then it gets taken back. This has been going on about a month, and the domain is still at godaddy, you would think if their was a legit claim within their ecosystem by a domain professional something would have happend by now, or maybe I have been duped, and wasted all this time, and effort looking into it, when they don't seem to care much. You would think they would talk to the new owner who bought it?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back