IT.COM

domain Name for Domain Marketplace / Portfolio - NameTuna.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Going to start a domain portfolio website so please help me pick the right name:

1. NameTuna.com

2. YumName.com

3. YumNames.com

4. dnLoft.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, I like CozyNames.com :) A nice, simple domain...

•••
I'm sorry, but I don't really like any of them.

•••
Post in the domains wanted thread what you are looking for.
Would you hire a personal trainer who is obviously out of shape?
If you are selling aftermarket domains at premium prices imo you should have a decent portfolio name as well. If you are not willing to spend more than reg fee for a domain to promote your business then why expect potential buyers to do any differently?

•••
•••
Yum Brands is the name of the company that owns KFC, and a bunch of other fast food restaurants. I'd avoid that one.

•••
I think I have to agree with the others; those names are not really great and do not look professional enough imo.

•••
It's quite difficult for domainers wanting to start a site. You are expected to have a really good name like TopNames, but all of those are owned by other domainers. I must confess, I own a number of them - BuyAny, anyURL, Baronets, NetBarons, and some others that I don't remember. I let a few drop a few years ago, and I see they have gone into the Huge Domains pool.

The market expects you to be able to find a great name for reg fee, but that seems almost impossible now. I've started to use non-domain type names to list domains for sale in specific market segments. HotDriver.com is one I'm using for motoring names. You could use TLDs other than .com, but domainers seem to expect you to use a .com. We really should be using .nets, but who wants those in the current market?

•••
I own topcomdomains . com, you want to buy it? PM me if interested.

•••
It's quite difficult for domainers wanting to start a site. You are expected to have a really good name like TopNames, but all of those are owned by other domainers. I must confess, I own a number of them - BuyAny, anyURL, Baronets, NetBarons, and some others that I don't remember. I let a few drop a few years ago, and I see they have gone into the Huge Domains pool.

The market expects you to be able to find a great name for reg fee, but that seems almost impossible now. I've started to use non-domain type names to list domains for sale in specific market segments. HotDriver.com is one I'm using for motoring names. You could use TLDs other than .com, but domainers seem to expect you to use a .com. We really should be using .nets, but who wants those in the current market?

I don't know about the market expecting you to be able to find a good name for reg fee. I spent $1300 for my first domain portfolio name on namejet, and then resold it for $1200 more.

My current name I'm using was a $13 expiring auction pickup. Just keep looking! Check godaddy, namejet, dynadot, namesilo, name.com, namepal, pheenix, and namepros DAILY.

Check the drops DAILY.

Keep brainstorming. You'll find something. Finding a great name is hard.

•••
I would settle for 4. dnLoft.com

And don't forget to get a nice domain market scripts (software), like the one I've just developed and using. You can PM me for a copy.

•••
Just as an exercise, I had a look for a name, and I found FluidNames.com.

Sorry guys - I decided to keep this name, and I'll use it to list brandables.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back