NameSilo

Name Drive's Big Secret

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Go to namedrive.com....I wonder what they're big COMING SOON countdown is for.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ed, back to the meta tags etc, I can see that this may not be wholly beneficial, but along the same lines as the capitalisation tool you just added, could you maybe have the possibility to add spacing between letters? That would ensure people couldn't put misleading titles on the pages, but could have the domain/name displayed in the most fitting manner...

•••
I'm still hoping to get a no-ad search box lander with a contact/inquiry link...

•••
NameDriver said:
Hi guys,

I've had a lot of interesting mails about this. Nobody seems to believe me that it's just going to start counting back up from zero again...

Obviously, I'm not going to say what our big secret is. One thing I can say is that our page isn't under construction - I can appreciate that that is the idea could be what is conveyed!

There are a couple of points from this thread though:
Bodis.com does look very interesting and Matt is obviously doing a good job there. I can imagine how a large portfolio owner could offer 100% rev share, but I've heard that number chucked around before in the past, so it'll be interesting to see how it performs.
You can see with a bunch of parking companies that they start out of the blocks extremely fast and then fade as customer service, fraud, lower revenues become an issue. You could say the same with ND to a certain extent as I know that we have gone from being NP's favourite parking program to one which gets bashed as much as anyone else. From my side of the fence, I can assure you that we have done nothing on our side to make your earnings lower, much as you guys don't believe that.
I would like to see more accountability for parking programs, and it is something which I have voiced support for in the past. The problem from our side is that our Google contract explicitly states we cannot disclose our revenue share or our earnings from them. Added to this that other people say "we pay 80, 90, 100, 120%" revenue share and the rev share number becomes more of a marketing tool than a real payout number. This is why we never announce our rev share - not to keep it a secret as it's so low, as suggested - but to keep ourselves above the rev share bun fight. I can guarantee you that it's higher than many of the rev shares posted here...

Back to the fun of the website countdown. We have a million things we are working on to improve and will continue to bring out new innovations, tools and advantages - referrals being one of them, Jasdon. The timer is ticking to a fairly fundamental change (which has not yet been mentioned here) which is something we have often discussed and have often been asked for.
We like to bring you new things and we hope that this is one of our best yet.

Ed
So why is it that I receive $.00 cent clicks constantantly with my few domain names? I need whatever revenue I can, but hardly receive any because of this. For example, yesterday I had 8 clicks on one of my domain names, but I earned a total of $.05. >:( Have ya'll ever considered giving full revenue to us if they are under a certain amount of money? I think if you gave us full revenue for those $.01 clicks, it would make us a lot happier. Ya'll wouldn't lose much at all, because ya'll would still have the bigger clicks to profit from. It just really ticks me off that small time domainers such as myself, can't earn much revenue because of simple problems such as this.

•••
If you are earning terrible clicks, try going to a portal or seach box lander.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
If you are earning terrible clicks, try going to a portal or seach box lander.
Name Drive reccomended that I not use a portal, and a search box just wouldn't fit with the domain name.

•••
Less than 4 hours left,

I sense a real big anticlimax.. D-:

I hope i'm wrong.

•••
hark said:
I have a suggestion.
If you are going to complain about low paying clicks don't forget to mention that Adsense stats are showing more and more $0.00 and $0.01 clicks especially at the end of the month. At least they are for me. I would love to post the stats but I can't afford to get banned.

I sometimes get the feeling that many here think PPC companies should not make a profit from the services they provide. I would expect the bandwidth and CPU power required to build and serve up all these pages is no small thing. This doesn't even address the resources their admin tools require.

Let the free market competition define the market. If you don't like company A move to Company B etc. etc. etc. If you can't find one which suits you then develop (actually this should always be considered as an option) your properties or go off and do something else.

If you are expecting to buy any old name, park it and wait for the monthly check without working at it let me be the first to break the bad news to you ---IT AIN'T GONA HAPPEN.

I happen to be a very small player here but I always look for the best option for each property. At any point in time I will have 10-12 developed sites, 20 or so mini-sites running and 50-75 names parked. Mini-sites which don't perform goes to parking and if that doesn't work someone will pay bucks in the snap auctions (but would never consider buying before the drop). It is interesting to see names which I let drop being parked and I will guarantee that it will be a cold day in H*** before they see a profit even at reg fee.

I have issues with ND and wish my checks were bigger but many of my names aren't that great. I also see what Adsense pays me. I can honestly say that there are months when my ND APC is higher than my Adsense APC.

YAHR (Yet Another Hark Rant) and yes I do feel better at least for a while.
I kindly disagree.

Sedo is throwing out 40 cents - $ clicks on a certain niche of my traffic portfolio. So SOMETIMES, although rare, parking is BETTER then minisites ( i doubt I could get a RPM of $50+ on adsense pages)

•••
20 minutes to the Namedrive site crashing.....

EDIT after Zero Hours:

And I claim my £5 book token and voucher for a slap-up meal at Mrs Miggins Pie Shop!

Last edited:
•••
Now this just pisses me off...

"Hello NameDriver,

We are currently undergoing routine maintenance. Please check back in a while.

For updates, please see MisterBlogs.

Thanks for your support,

Team ND"

After several reloads it shows the clock, but it looks like this now (and it's counting up) -1:-1:-1:-34 >:( :yell:

•••
Nice tool.. :)....

Also, one of our admins here was bang on the money also in his prediction.. :)

•••
•••
"Park&Sell Spotlight Domain Beta "

•••
That's a very interesting idea being implemented! I like it!

•••
Phew. Busy 180 minutes...

Hello everyone,

So the secret is out and I'm glad that the reception has been generally positive. I know we couldn't do everything everybody wanted, but we are working on those too.
Just a sort of collective post to expand on some issues.
- It is a bid/ask system. Any bids you make / receive on domains can be found in the ND Factory "Buy domains" "Sell domains" section.
- The spotlights are free for the first 10 days and we will do them as much as possible on a first come, first served basis, but as it is free, we have already seen some not particularly great domains listed... We had over 100 applications in the first 30 minutes. The first batch of SDs will go live within the hour.
- All listings will shortly be searchable / sortable by category etc.
- Many of the improvement ideas which were posted involved parking and this launch is definitely not a departure from that rather an addition to it. We still continue to work on improving our parking and there will be some very interesting developments in the coming weeks and over the summer.
- As well as parking developments, we will continue to flesh out this beta launch to include Buy It Now offerings, buyer/seller ratings, auction and a full scale listing service.
- All of this is non commission. We do recommend you use an escrow agent for bigger sales and we're happy to recommend various services such as escrow.com or our friends in Boston for this service.
- I hope the countdown was worth it, even if it was just for the fun of guessing what we'd be doing.

We feel that Spotlight Domains - soon available by RSS - really gives you a great chance to show off your domains to some of the top professionals in the domain industry for a guaranteed time period rather than momentarily and Park&Sell is the only market worldwide for domains based entirely on traffic revenue, so we see a lot of potential there.

I'm sure there'll be more feedback good and bad, the more the better in this case.

We hope you enjoy the new products and look forward to hearing your experiences.

Ed

•••
ND always seems to be working on new things, which I think is a real plus in this industry. Others in the industry have stagnanted and fail to offer new services. ND continues to deliver value to its customers and this is the primary reasons why ND continues to be successful.

Keep up the good work Ed and team.

•••
There's no way to list .mobi names :td:

•••
Really nice. I went to the site and was very impressed.

•••
Good thinking ND. Especially the park and sell idea to feature domain traffic stats. That should increase the chances of a domain being sold. Good developments. Its good to note that a parking company is atleast trying to improve and offer better services to its members. :bingo:

•••
I like anything which helps me sell my domains..

But if there's another secret countdown at NameDrive i won't get too excited about it.. :td:

•••
Selling your names based on the parking revenue is a rip-off.

I will never do that! Period.

•••
NameDriver said:
Phew. Busy 180 minutes...

I'm sure there'll be more feedback good and bad, the more the better in this case.

We hope you enjoy the new products and look forward to hearing your experiences.

Ed

Emailed support but no answer to this, so trying here, what does ' Declined' mean as a status after submitting for 'Park and Sell' ? I submitted 4 domains at the same time only one has been 'Submitted'.

•••
ginggang said:
Emailed support but no answer to this, so trying here, what does ' Declined' mean as a status after submitting for 'Park and Sell' ? I submitted 4 domains at the same time only one has been 'Submitted'.

I remember reading there was a limit of one domains / account. Don't quote me on this since I didn't spend much time checking it out, but I tried to submit 3 and saw I was only allowed to do one (probably since it is being offered for free right now).

•••
I think it's two per 24 hour period...still no .mobi allowed, but .pl names are? What's a .pl?

•••
nice features. I see 2 of my domains under the spotlight lets see if it works and i get offers.

•••
movingconcierge said:
I think it's two per 24 hour period...still no .mobi allowed, but .pl names are? What's a .pl?

My one that got through is there (.mobi) on park and sell.

Two of my mine were declined yesterday, the third submitted today and the fourth declined today. I removed them from the park and sell area and tried to re-submit and they are saying they are already submitted... :?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back