Dynadot

Name Drive's Big Secret

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Go to namedrive.com....I wonder what they're big COMING SOON countdown is for.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ed, is going to announce that all existing members will not be charged a percentage anymore and that all the money he has made over the last year and a half will be given back to all clients and that he is no longer interested in making money off us anymore. He has seen the light giving is much better than receiving.

Thanks Ed for the retroactive returns...

Ah wishful thinking

•••
Maybe they will give away free puppies... woof, woof.

•••
1plus.net and Bodis.com are changing and revolutionizing the domain parking industry.
Ed has seen the light and will offer similiar features to stay competitive.

•••
texasgamer said:
1plus.net and Bodis.com are changing and revolutionizing the domain parking industry.
Ed has seen the light and will offer similiar features to stay competitive.

I am seriously hoping so. I was just taking a look at what I have left at ND...

I don't like Sedo very much (which is where all my new domains are being pointed to) and would like to just keep my names at ND. I'm sick of playing musical chairs.

•••
•••
I think we are coming real hard on one guy. What about the others? I mean almost all parking companies were/are making merry with paying us pennies and making the bucks. While we shopped at Walmart, they were at Prada.. and even now..guys mention giving us 100% revenue share. But what exactly is the 100% ..is something we will never know.

Will someone, who promises us 100% of click revenues, show us his monthly income spreadsheet from the feed provider? That's never gonna happen. So this is a never ending saga. All we can do is play the musical chairs game each month pointing our nameservers to someone who starts paying better.

•••
until the parking revenues are public record we continue to soldier on with our 2.5% splits.

•••
johnny6 said:
until the parking revenues are public record we continue to soldier on with our 2.5% splits.

They are public record (sort of). Just go to the Adwords Keyword Tool and see what advertisers are paying. Then look at your PPC D-:

I think the countdown is when the next >$0,10 click is coming.

•••
kwan said:
They are public record (sort of). Just go to the Adwords Keyword Tool and see what advertisers are paying. Then look at your PPC D-:

I think the countdown is when the next >$0,10 click is coming.

You still have to figure Yahoo/Google's unknown take of that.

•••
I checked with ND a week or so ago when my .mobi traffic went up, to see if there was any way for me to tell where the traffic is coming from.

The answer was no, but I was told that it's something that'll become available soon. My guess is that you will be able to add some content, which could include adding some tracking code.

•••
Hi guys,

I've had a lot of interesting mails about this. Nobody seems to believe me that it's just going to start counting back up from zero again...

Obviously, I'm not going to say what our big secret is. One thing I can say is that our page isn't under construction - I can appreciate that that is the idea could be what is conveyed!

There are a couple of points from this thread though:
Bodis.com does look very interesting and Matt is obviously doing a good job there. I can imagine how a large portfolio owner could offer 100% rev share, but I've heard that number chucked around before in the past, so it'll be interesting to see how it performs.
You can see with a bunch of parking companies that they start out of the blocks extremely fast and then fade as customer service, fraud, lower revenues become an issue. You could say the same with ND to a certain extent as I know that we have gone from being NP's favourite parking program to one which gets bashed as much as anyone else. From my side of the fence, I can assure you that we have done nothing on our side to make your earnings lower, much as you guys don't believe that.
I would like to see more accountability for parking programs, and it is something which I have voiced support for in the past. The problem from our side is that our Google contract explicitly states we cannot disclose our revenue share or our earnings from them. Added to this that other people say "we pay 80, 90, 100, 120%" revenue share and the rev share number becomes more of a marketing tool than a real payout number. This is why we never announce our rev share - not to keep it a secret as it's so low, as suggested - but to keep ourselves above the rev share bun fight. I can guarantee you that it's higher than many of the rev shares posted here...

Back to the fun of the website countdown. We have a million things we are working on to improve and will continue to bring out new innovations, tools and advantages - referrals being one of them, Jasdon. The timer is ticking to a fairly fundamental change (which has not yet been mentioned here) which is something we have often discussed and have often been asked for.
We like to bring you new things and we hope that this is one of our best yet.

Ed

•••
•••
I have a suggestion.
If you are going to complain about low paying clicks don't forget to mention that Adsense stats are showing more and more $0.00 and $0.01 clicks especially at the end of the month. At least they are for me. I would love to post the stats but I can't afford to get banned.

I sometimes get the feeling that many here think PPC companies should not make a profit from the services they provide. I would expect the bandwidth and CPU power required to build and serve up all these pages is no small thing. This doesn't even address the resources their admin tools require.

Let the free market competition define the market. If you don't like company A move to Company B etc. etc. etc. If you can't find one which suits you then develop (actually this should always be considered as an option) your properties or go off and do something else.

If you are expecting to buy any old name, park it and wait for the monthly check without working at it let me be the first to break the bad news to you ---IT AIN'T GONA HAPPEN.

I happen to be a very small player here but I always look for the best option for each property. At any point in time I will have 10-12 developed sites, 20 or so mini-sites running and 50-75 names parked. Mini-sites which don't perform goes to parking and if that doesn't work someone will pay bucks in the snap auctions (but would never consider buying before the drop). It is interesting to see names which I let drop being parked and I will guarantee that it will be a cold day in H*** before they see a profit even at reg fee.

I have issues with ND and wish my checks were bigger but many of my names aren't that great. I also see what Adsense pays me. I can honestly say that there are months when my ND APC is higher than my Adsense APC.

YAHR (Yet Another Hark Rant) and yes I do feel better at least for a while.

•••
The main thing that intrigues me is that Google writes up separate contracts with each PPC company. I'm curiuos to know which PPC companies are getting the best terms and when companies can renegotiate the contracts.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
The main thing that intrigues me is that Google writes up separate contracts with each PPC company. I'm curiuos to know which PPC companies are getting the best terms and when companies can renegotiate the contracts.

*cough* domainsponsor..... *cough*

:notme:

•••
hark said:
I have a suggestion.
If you are going to complain about low paying clicks don't forget to mention that Adsense stats are showing more and more $0.00 and $0.01 clicks especially at the end of the month.

Here Here !

Even though I don't use parking any more than I have to - I find it sad my avg CPC on the same terms on my site(s) are paying lower than on my NameDrive Parked domains.

PPC overall has been terrible for me the past few months really, But I have been comparing the CPC between Adsense and ND for the last few months and it's making me :sick:

ED - Any thoughts on allowing us to control the Titles a bit more ? Or even adding a little Meta info ? I know the type traffic you Folks really want may clash with this request a little - But I really hate seeing a 2 word domain used as the actual title of the parked page.

IE :

If someone parked "somedomain.com" I'd prefer seeing "Some Domain". I'm not asking for control to add a misleading title or anything - But just to keep the Title on subject.

•••
Mark said:
Here Here !

Even though I don't use parking any more than I have to - I find it sad my avg CPC on the same terms on my site(s) are paying lower than on my NameDrive Parked domains.
Oh thank you, thank you. I have been having that 'lost voice in the wilderness' feeling. Now I don't feel quite so rejected and lonesome.

•••
I have increased my revenue by 40% in one month by REGGING AND NOT COMPLAINING HERE!

Put that up as a famous quote!

•••
AdSense is definitely faring badly. I think Google makes the most out of it than the publisher. Plus..the high adwords rates are mainly for the ads on search queries and not for ads on publisher sites. Hopefully, YPN should be a better paying ad network. But when they intend to launch is the big question.

•••
Now this is an excellent suggestion...

Mark said:
ED - Any thoughts on allowing us to control the Titles a bit more ? Or even adding a little Meta info ? I know the type traffic you Folks really want may clash with this request a little - But I really hate seeing a 2 word domain used as the actual title of the parked page.

IE :

If someone parked "somedomain.com" I'd prefer seeing "Some Domain". I'm not asking for control to add a misleading title or anything - But just to keep the Title on subject.

•••

Hi Mark,

This is something that people have mentioned to us a couple of times and we are very interested in the idea of it. It is not something which is difficult to implement (we were thinking of putting it somewhere in the domain settings page - like the current comments section for internal use). Our fears are people adding 'CLICK ADS BELOW FOR PRIZES' as their meta titles - yes people would do it, you wouldn't believe the lengths some people would go to.
However, it is something we will seriously consider. The capitalization tool does make two word domains look better in the title now - somedomain.com becoming SomeDomain.com.
You can also do meta tags if you URL forward the domain.

I'd look forward to releasing this and then having the normal "I'd rather have no meta tags and my $500 clicks at XX than my 0 cent clicks with ND"...

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Ed

•••
Nice rant Richard....some common sense anecdotes...

hark said:
I have a suggestion.
If you are going to complain about low paying clicks don't forget to mention that Adsense stats are showing more and more $0.00 and $0.01 clicks especially at the end of the month. At least they are for me. I would love to post the stats but I can't afford to get banned.

I sometimes get the feeling that many here think PPC companies should not make a profit from the services they provide. I would expect the bandwidth and CPU power required to build and serve up all these pages is no small thing. This doesn't even address the resources their admin tools require.

Let the free market competition define the market. If you don't like company A move to Company B etc. etc. etc. If you can't find one which suits you then develop (actually this should always be considered as an option) your properties or go off and do something else.

If you are expecting to buy any old name, park it and wait for the monthly check without working at it let me be the first to break the bad news to you ---IT AIN'T GONA HAPPEN.

I happen to be a very small player here but I always look for the best option for each property. At any point in time I will have 10-12 developed sites, 20 or so mini-sites running and 50-75 names parked. Mini-sites which don't perform goes to parking and if that doesn't work someone will pay bucks in the snap auctions (but would never consider buying before the drop). It is interesting to see names which I let drop being parked and I will guarantee that it will be a cold day in H*** before they see a profit even at reg fee.

I have issues with ND and wish my checks were bigger but many of my names aren't that great. I also see what Adsense pays me. I can honestly say that there are months when my ND APC is higher than my Adsense APC.

YAHR (Yet Another Hark Rant) and yes I do feel better at least for a while.

•••
We're inside the last 24hrs.....I haven't slept for the last two nights with anticipation...

•••
Oh poor you, i suggest some sleeping pills :) Honestly, im also looking forward seeing what happens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back