Name.com registrar?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

barcode

Established Member
Impact
6
Hi All,

I have some good number of domains registered at name.com.

I am still registering domains with them. I keep hearing about RegisterFly etc.

How good or bad is name.com?

Cheers,
B
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
It's OK. It owns DomainSite.com who are quite good also (Same though really).

They have NOTHING to do with RegisterFly though, I don't know where you got that idea?!
 
0
•••
dhscott said:
It's OK. It owns DomainSite.com who are quite good also (Same though really).

They have NOTHING to do with RegisterFly though, I don't know where you got that idea?!

No I just heard that there was a crisis when RegistryFly flew away!! So I just wanted to be safe :)

I hope I am safe?
 
0
•••
You should be, hopefully :)

And I'd say RegisterFly were swatted if we're going to make jokes about them ;)
 
0
•••
name.com is good but i dont trust it.
 
0
•••
Name.com sucks. I hate it and personally don't trust it at all.
 
0
•••
dhscott said:
You should be, hopefully :)

And I'd say RegisterFly were swatted if we're going to make jokes about them ;)

Ha ha!

I have had 12 hour response times from name.com support. Which is okay for me. I have around 40 domains with them. So far had no problems! Touch wood!

My biggest worry is if they go out of business? What happens to my domains? Also if they can "squat" my domains

Mohak
 
0
•••
I suggest using enom.com for domains or here at namepros.
 
0
•••
armin said:
I suggest using enom.com for domains or here at namepros.
enom, moniker etc - aren't they expensive? compared to name.com?

I use .in domains at name.com and its 13.99... for .com it is $7
 
0
•••
barcode said:
enom, moniker etc - aren't they expensive? compared to name.com?

I use .in domains at name.com and its 13.99... for .com it is $7


For .com, .net, .org domains, they charge $7.99/yr.
 
0
•••
I have about 30 domains with name.com too, and they've been ok so far.

Their prices are lower then most of the other major registrars and their customer support always answered fairly quickly (unlike Moniker).

Also you can find the auth code posted next to your domains so they can be transferred at any time without sending them a request first. Probably not a good safety feature, but unless you're worried about someone hijacking your domains can make life a lot simpler.

What's that about them having troubles? I didn't hear anything.
 
0
•••
No No... nothing is wrong with them...

The wrong is with me :(

Me and my paranoia!
 
0
•••
Name.com is a decent registrar, I use them for certains cctld's but they tend to have slow support ~3 days.

~AzN
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back